Broken Forks

djb

Snapped my Giant forks yesterday after just 5 months of ownership, i'm guessing they didn't approve of my recent attempts to learn wheel swaps. Luckily they broke coming out of a blunt so no harm was done, just got a few bewildered looks from the town's-folk as my bike fell to pieces :lol:.

As you can see from the photo they're the crappy bonded steerer type and by the looks of it were only spot welded together (N)

IPB Image

Anyway, i'm now after some new forks but am unsure of what to get. I've been thinking about Fattys but was wondering how much the 10mm shorter legs would affect the way my bike rides. Alternatively does anyone know how much the Leeson Pashley forks are? I'm on a really tight budget and cannot really afford to spend more than £50 so any other suggestions would be appreciated. I ride a Brisa B26D if that makes any difference.

Daniel

try ashtons, echo urbans,kot forks or pace forks. from what i have been told they are all pretty good.

All are more expensive than £50 :-

Give Giant a phone, The Giant Frame and Forks have 5year warrenty (Y) NEw set for free :D

Plus they might even send you the new set of forks..

Craig...!!

The replacement giant forks I got sent after mine went at exactly the same place are still going strong. (Y)

cool, i'll get an email off this afternoon. Did you get yours free or was it a crash replacement kind of deal?

Useless post ahoy:

Mine snapped in exactly the same place/way, obviously quite the weak point.

I'm running some KOT forks (£60 last time i looked) and they hold up well for UCI type riding.

I have some Ashtons for sale if they tickle your fancy, wing me a PM.