Rim Drilling

Wright Pads

Okay so i'm looking at making my new bike uber light weight so wandering what people have doen to there rims as this the heardest part on my new rig and seams to be the heavest as well.

Now i seen std round holes

Sq on bentios but were talking everyday raggin use

Echo did some gay grinding away but we dont want it

So show me what you done and how!!!

my mate has drilled his rim and it looks ok you can only tell he has done it when you look up close, but hes lazy and probaly will not post a pic.

just use the right size metal drill bit and get them equal and centered, if in doubt, try it on your sisters bike, well thats what i do.

mah mate you aint getting it at all. i said okay so we have most rim with normal holes but what have you done differnt to shed extra weight so say get a Onza Ronni and done what eels to bar the std stock surplied drilling.

Understand?

Oh i have no sisters

ah sorry got the wrong end of the stick.

And gu typhoon what did u use to drill the hole that big as i am planning on drilling the tiny hedgehogs on my rear rim into holes.

Okay so i'm looking at making my new bike uber light weight so wandering what people have doen to there rims as this the heardest part on my new rig and seams to be the heavest as well.

Now i seen std round holes

Sq on bentios but were talking everyday raggin use

Echo did some gay grinding away but we dont want it

So show me what you done and how!!!

That gay grinding that echo did was actually milling, not much point as not much weight was saved.

none the less it looks pretty pimp.

your gonna struggle to get a lighter rim other than drilling holes in it without losing strength

best regards ash

seen some in the EU on a trip to Germany, USA and OZ. Pic from Japan too. It was the earlyest of the batches and for some gay ass reason we here in the UK get it all latter than all so most issues are cleared up.

Anyway i wana see what people have done

I know all about drilling rims dude, f**k i run a bike shop and built frames day to day bar sat and sun. It's the same as grinding your side wall for you brakes.

seen some in the EU on a trip to Germany, USA and OZ. Pic from Japan too. It was the earlyest of the batches and for some gay ass reason we here in the UK get it all latter than all so most issues are cleared up.

Anyway i wana see what people have done

I know all about drilling rims dude, f**k i run a bike shop and built frames day to day bar sat and sun. It's the same as grinding your side wall for you brakes.

You really are a tit, If your so in the know about bike's you should know the differant methods tried or be able to devise some yourself.

It's not rocket science, you want to remove material from your rim, you do it with a drill or a mill or something, if your looking for some new way of desolving metal your not going to find it here.

Erm dude re-read the f**king topic.

I have my own ideas and ways to do it yeah but i'd like to see what others have done and a forum is there to help others and talk about said given topics alright so this is also for all on TF alright mate. If thats such a problem you know what you can go and f**king do. It's called keeping your pointless veiws and coments to your self and leaving a simple request to be answered. I'm pretty sure there be at least 5 NMC that would want to have a go at drilling there rims out to lose some weight or experiment.

Remember the days of Trials-works?? They kinda started it off the home rim drilling and all

Let me realitrate whats been said

Shut it with your pointless coments and veiws as it's not wanted or any intrest init alright mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have my own ideas and ways to do it yeah but i'd like to see what others have done and a forum is there to help others and talk about said given topics alright so this is also for all on TF alright mate. If thats such a problem you know what you can go and f**king do. It's called keeping your pointless veiws and coments to your self and leaving a simple request to be answered. I'm pretty sure there be at least 5 NMC that would want to have a go at drilling there rims out to lose some weight or experiment.

Remember the days of Trials-works?? They kinda started it off the home rim drilling and all

Shut it with your pointless coments and veiws as it's not wanted or any intrest init alright mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh shut up and go sue someone! :P

Sorry can we just drop the f**king shit your making up and focus back on a f**king proper day to day subject? I've noticed a lot of shit of recent going around about my self and my son. You talking about a 4 year old boy and i think it is f**king sick and is bang f**king outta order. Oh and for ref it's not me that would do anyhting, it's be the law on there own for seeing you talking about it. You surely must read the papers about it!! Fact they montier all forums and cumincation now.

Please just back to said topic on drilling holes in rims, no need for your poxy perfectict shit mate

Do you even know what the f**k you're talking about? You've been on this forum for less than a year so you can't really say jack shit about Pete. You know nothing about him.

Twat. (Y)

it was only a joke, and i have been on the forum on a previous name!

i don't want an argument so im sorry.

I drilled my mavic D521's with 12mm holes(not mega big I know)....just got some card to make a template,centre punched centrally around the rim and then drilled them.I started with a 3mm hole and worked up...this way (as they are doulble wall rims) I could make adjustments to keep the hole central .oh yeah..I wouldn't drill opposite the valve hole..this is where the seam normally is..look first...hope this helps (Y)

IPB Image

sorry bout pic..was taken on phone.

I have my own ideas and ways to do it yeah but i'd like to see what others have done and a forum is there to help others and talk about said given topics alright so this is also for all on TF alright mate . If thats such a problem you know what you can go and f**king do. It's called keeping your pointless veiws and coments to your self and leaving a simple request to be answered. I'm pretty sure there be at least 5 NMC that would want to have a go at drilling there rims out to lose some weight or experiment.

If you understand that then you understand that anyone can give their opinion, including me.

My point was that if you know all about drilling rims then why the need to ask? Perhaps I took it in the wrong context but it seemed like you were having a go at other's. I just dont see the point these day's when you can buy pre-drilled rims allready. Having to drill each individual hole myself isn't appealing to me at all....

Each to their own I guess. :huh: