Hampshire Series

I am seriously tempted to start doing a few comps again, and while I'd love to ride YMSA Its a long way from me and will cost too much. The Hampshire series should only be a few hours drive away, and I have never entered one before so would be something different. Was just wondering a few things about them....

On the biketrialuk site the comp locations are all venue names like "Hut Hill", but there is no mention of what town/ area/ village they're in, so I cant multimap it. Where abouts are they ?

What is the standard of riding/ sections there ? I used to compete (badly :P) in expert about three years ago when I rode EBTC, but barely ride anymore so will probably drop back down to inter.

What kind of sections are they? Is it mainly muddy banks and logs etc similar to Essex comps. Or are there rocks and man made sections thrown in for good measure ?

any other views/ opinions on the Hampshire Comps would be much appreciated :)

P.s Im thinking of entering round 3 at the end of April.

Hut Hill is right near Southampton, its within approx 5 mile of the train station.

I havent got a clue where the venue for round 3 is because its a brand new venue.

The comps are mainly banks and logs with a few rocks mixed in, the Quarry venue in September is literally just rocks. The comps themselves are very well organised and are the best organised comps I have ridden. The atmosphere is a hell of a lot more laid back than the YMSA comps and most people are just out for a complete laugh!

You would get on fine with Inter Dave, from the times I have ridden with you I expect you would get away with Expert but be a lot more comfortable with Inter.

If you decide to enter any comps give me a shout if you need a floor for the night or picking up from any train stations (Y)

Cool beans. Hopefully Oli will be coming with me and we will drive there in his 1980's Mini Metro :P How much is the entry fee? I like the fact there is no membership fee as after ACU licence, entry and travel costs it adds up to a lot just to enter one competition :S

I like the sound of the laid back ampnosphere. YMSA was a great comp but it seemed quite serious for a lot of people. Nothing wrong with that but thats not really me.

If you decide to enter any comps give me a shout if you need a floor for the night or picking up from any train stations (Y)

ticcy-do you fancy picking me up from portsmouth station for the next comp <_<

dave- i reckon you would be fine in expert myself! sure, you aint gona be winning, but itll push you a bit more, and ultimately be more fun than going round cleaning everything and not being challenged at all!ride expert and we can have our own trials forum mini series within the main series :P where we just forget how the non tf members did, and compete between ourselves :P

That could be fun :P

I still think Id rather ride inter though even if its just for the first one i do. I can always move up if its too easy should I enter again. In the last 12 months I have probably ridden no more than 5 times, and as for my fitness :P

I really enjoyed the level of riding on the inter route at YMSA last year. i didnt feel like Id run a marathon by the end of each section, I could get to the end of all the sections unlike when I rode expert, I didnt run out of time like when I rode expert and I had more fun than when Id finished on like 70- 90 dabs ( :S )doing expert at Essex or where ever. They were still challenging even though I could probably push myself more if i really wanted to.

Im just not into riding enough these days to go for expert