Who Uses Echo Bb's?

Sam Nugent

I am thinking about getting new cranks and BB some time soon; I have decided on the new Echo cranks, but for the BB what is the difference between the internal and external ones? (Except the big price difference £20! :o ) Will there be a difference in performance?

Thanks,

Sam :)

Edited by Sam Nugent

Cheers guys, so you are saying to go for external. If it is stronger, it is better for trials?

Does anyone have one of these external BB's?

If I also buy the special BB tool, do you think my LBS fit it for me or is it an easy enough job to do myself?

Thanks,

Sam

Truvativ bb's are where its at check CRC for more info.

Sam

I strongly disagree with that all the ones i have had and seen come through where i used to work have died or developded play (N)

FSA ones in my opinion are a better choice as they are the same price and will last longer.

I personally run a koxx bb which i've had for 2 years now with no problems and i believe that is an FSA with tryall printed on it. :shifty:

The Internal Echo BB has 2 bearings on the drive side, so is stronger than the usual internal BBs.

The Koxx BBs are completely different to FSA, they're more like the Echo internal ones.

The External Echo BB is better than the Internal Echo BB, that's why theres a price difference! The externals have bigger bearings and more well supported axle.

They're dead easy to fit, the same as a normal BB basically.

Adam