Freewheel Adventure !

Alex87

Well I broke my freewheel, no problem I thought, I'll drive down to the bike shop, buy a new freewheel and put it on at my car (note: I've never changed a freewheel before).

So I drove down, went to the bike shop, bought a new freewheel, went back to my car, took the old one off, ball bearings etc everywhere but that didn't matter cos it was my old one. Then I realised i'd need a vice or something to take the actual screw on bit of the freewheel off my crank. Went back to the bike shop, got them to take it off for me, took about 15 mins !

Then i went back to my car, put the new freewheel on, screwed it up the wrong way first time, turned it round and screwed it on the right way. Put the chain over it, and noticed the cogs on the freewheel wouldn't fit through the chain.

Went back to the bikeshop again, i'm sure they loved me by now, and asked if they had a freewheel with thinner cogs, they did but it was twice the price of the first one and i couldn't afford it. So i got a refund on the first freewheel and drove to another bike shop about 10 mins away, which was closed.

I then went and spent all my money on petrol then drove home.

Does anyone know why they make freewheels with different width teeth on the cog?!

Now I have no bike :(

(and I dislike freewheels)