Pad Review

watto

Pads:Tensile bubblegum(35mm)

Time used: From 17th March until now,(but are now dead )so that makes it 2 months.

Rim: Echo 2005 model (silver scoops)

Bike: Stock

Grind: Extremely light

Brake : Standard 2005 model magura hs33, original bleed and plastic hoseing.

Review: Well to start with i used them on a grind as not many people had used these pads as they were fresh out, they wore down extremely quickly but locked well. So the wear rate made me sand my ground down until smooth but you were still able to "see" the grind, The lock was awesome, and a little modulation. But in the rain they were terrible , they felt 'squidgy' and took a while to lock on (took further pull on the lever to lock the wheel.) Once i added tar to the break it had tremendous sqeuk and locked great especially when the weather was dry and sunny therefore, I can see these as great summer pads on a smooth rim with tar. Also it would be an improvement if they came in standard power pad backings (Y) . Overall the pads were good on a extremely worn grind with tar in dry and sunny weather. Which it never was near me so i didn't get much great use of thse pads also with it being in winter.

Edited by watto

. Overall the pads were good on a extremely worn grind with tar in dry and sunny weather. Which it never was near me so i didn't get much great use of thse pads also with it being in winter.

hi , i know that stan shaw had the pads for a short period and i think they turned out to be really bad but don't hold me to that. they could turn out to be really good :)

or instead of getting the bubblegum pads use something you have used before and you know work well, i really reccomend plazmatic crm pads (Y)

Edited by steve@kbt

Hey

I was going to get some of those bubble gum pads now im not... good topic helped me :P

My mate Squince got some magic pads off Joe B and his brake is amazing, and it holds very good aswell(Y)

Cheers

Jack Gibson!