Ashton Justice Bottom Bracket - Problems With Thread.

Nuke Bowel

Heyy,

Well yesterday my ashton came through, me mark and mat got to work in building, when we got to putting the bottom bracket in it just wouldnt go, the problem is there is paint on the threads that must have dripped in when the bike was being sprayed.

I was just wondering if any of you have had the same trouble, and what have you done to fix it?

Cheers lads Luke (Y)

You can just guide the tap into the old threads, so you're effectively just taking the paint off.. Doesn't exactly remove much material. If any at all, depending on how sharp the tool in the Ashton factory is, compared to the sharpness of the BB tool of the local shop.

could send it back to ashton and say the frame isnt finished properly.........

if you have the threads tapped again, its removing material from the bb which isnt allways a good idea

Guesse I could, I really cant be arssed though :(

You can just guide the tap into the old threads, so you're effectively just taking the paint off.. Doesn't exactly remove much material. If any at all, depending on how sharp the tool in the Ashton factory is, compared to the sharpness of the BB tool of the local shop.

Cheers guys, think I will fire it up to a local bike shop today to have the threads tapped (Y)

Hopefully it wont be too expensive :ermm:

before i build up every bike that i have ever had i take it down the local bike shop and get all the threads tapped out, and make sure that everything is faced off nice and clean it makes building a bike up a lot quicker and easy and you are that little more reasured as well because you know that everything will be completly square and sweet its the way forward and depending on the shop and if you know the guys doing it sometimes they will do it as a favour because it only takes bout five mins but makes the difference (Y)