About Monty's...

Greeny

I have just been looking at monty's on the internet. I see the 221 pro and the 221ti, i have been looking at both frames and from the pictures they bascially look the same to me.

So if i was to get a new from such as a monty would i go for a good deal on the 221 pro or do i pay a lot more for the 221ti i just wanted to no is it worth paying more to get the 221ti.

because the price of the 221 pro seem's rather cheap compared to the 221ti.

Thank you

Greeny

It all depends on whether you are willing to spend £1600 on a bike really.

The Pr is very good for its price, but the Ti is at the forefront of trials, and has all the spangly bits you'd expect on a top spec bike.

The Pr does ride very nicely indeed, and shamefully, i would have to say it feels nicer than my bike, despite the fact mine cost a hell of a lot more. I haven't ridden a Ti, but im guessing it will be pretty damn good.

To the untrained eye they look the same, I havn't ridden a Ti but im told that there is a differant feel between the two bikes.

All I know is that my Pr was the best £150 I've ever spent, absolute bargain for a frame of such quality.

Ok thanks for your input, its just that they are very similar frames but with a big price difference. i just wanted to see other people views on the too.

If i was to get a new bike it would just be the frame and not the whole bike but thank you anyway.

thank you

Greeny

well they are both different bikes

i hav a 221pr

and ridin a 221ti

course its a lot nicer due to the different parts

lighter obvisiously

but

if u buy a 221pr then upgrade the parts

(the drivetrain parts) (Y)

and maybe buy lighter parts

then it would be similar to the 221ti

and a very good bike :D

i had to make that decision and i chose the 221pro, to be honest i dont reckon that the parts on the 221ti were worth that sort of money plus i did not really want to spend that much on a bike :S so as i said before i chose the pro and it rides extremely nice, so personally i would not pay for the ti. (Y):D

hi mate, yeah you weren't kidding when you said there was a price difference :- .

the only difference between the frames is that the 221ti is triple butted and apparently the 221pr isn't (referring to clean bikes)

other than that they are both awesome bikes but i much prefer the 221ti however thats my opinion.

steve (Y)

But isn't that obvious about money, he would not ask otherwise

tom are you swapping your zoo for a monty when loads people told you that if feels and rides nicer than a monty?

Will

Your zoo feels dead nice any way :D

i would say if money was no object go for the monty 221ti but if money is an object and if you want to get a good deal with you money i would go for the 221 pro

chrisroo

Is'nt that obvious sorry, refering to last post

Will

Edited by will17will17

There is a big differance in the frames.

221ti has an integrated headset, pr does not.

Ti's top and down tube meet at the headtube, pr's does not.

Pr's disk mount is more like ythat of an 05 ti, the 06 ti's disk mount is much differant.

There are reinforcing plates down at the chain stays where they meet the bottom bracket shell on the Ti, not so on the Pr.

I don't know how this affects the ride, but im led to believe it does.

have a look on google and type in monty ti and it will bring up a picture save that picture and do the same for the monty pro and compare the geomentry they are prenty much the same and i think the pr cost £159 and the ti £490 so if i was you i would get the pr and get awesome parts... fully kitted out with kings :shifty:

i no this post is about the ti or pr but if ur guna buy a 20" fact is dnt buy a monty at all!!!...there ok bikes but not worth the money when you compare them to zoos or gu or echo.one of those will last u longer n ride better than any monty.some may argue but they cnt argue that they will last longer. (Y)

christof

i no this post is about the ti or pr but if ur guna buy a 20" fact is dnt buy a monty at all!!!...there ok bikes but not worth the money when you compare them to zoos or gu or echo.one of those will last u longer n ride better than any monty.some may argue but they cnt argue that they will last longer. (Y)

christof

that is totally personal opinion my monty 221 ti (random componants) felt the nicest out of all the mods ive rode until i rode a monty 221 ti (ti componants) felt the same really but was alot lighter so i could feel an improvment in how i ride

also i aint really heard of many montys snapping/cracking i know there was 'oakley's' but dont know anymore but correct me if im wrong here

that is totally personal opinion my monty 221 ti (random componants) felt the nicest out of all the mods ive rode until i rode a monty 221 ti (ti componants) felt the same really but was alot lighter so i could feel an improvment in how i ride

also i aint really heard of many montys snapping/cracking i know there was 'oakley's' but dont know anymore but correct me if im wrong here

my 04 cracked so did craigs that he sold joe b then theres my mates 05 that cracked then my other mates 05 that cracked 04s on dropouts 05s on chainstay near bb then theres joe oakleys ye...then not to mention the parts 04 forks did nothing but snap but ill give um credit cos they sorted that out for 05...but then theres the cranks my mate bif snapped 6 arms yes 6 no bullshit craig snapped a pair then got rid n used his zoo cranks...the stems cracked cos i cracked mine so did my mate scotty who got a replacement....the list goes on thers one gd thing about montys n thats the riser bars there the best bars in the world...so as for montys cracking ye they do.not been a twat just seen too much go wrong with them. (Y)

christof

so would you say that i should stay with my zoo and upgrade it more.

because i did not like the very big list of all the crack's on christof reply.

because i see a lot of people riding monty's and i have always known them to be good (from what i have been told) but it is nice to hear other opinions and facts from the other side

thank you

Greeny

so would you say that i should stay with my zoo and upgrade it more.

because i did not like the very big list of all the crack's on christof reply.

because i see a lot of people riding monty's and i have always known them to be good (from what i have been told) but it is nice to hear other opinions and facts from the other side

thank you

Greeny

If you're wanting a Pr..Click me!.

If you want a Ti get a second hand one?. No dents cracks etc , Theres someone selling in For sale / wanted section now.

Billocks...Is selling But meh. ( Not sure if its gone :blink: )

If any of you're freinds have montys just ask them if you could try out the bike Pr Or Ti and see how you like the feel of it , If you think the python feels better i would stick with that. The choice is all up to you (Y)

Thanks,

Dave

They are light weight comp bikes, of course they will break when ridden hard. I doubt y'all snapped them dropping off a kerb?

Get a picture of the pr and get a picture of the Ti and compare geometry??? how can you realistically do that using pictures?

The geometry is clearly shown on the spec sheet for the Pr full build and the Ti full build, wether it's right or not I dont know, but i'd say it's somewhat more accurate than looking at random pictures.