Monty Pr's Compared

Derek Gibson

id have guessed the tubing will be lighter on a 221 ti? n maybe a tweak in the geo somewhere. uses integral headset on a 221 ti little bits of attention to detail makes the differences i think.

Waynio....................

E-mail barbara Wright @ Cleanbikes im sure she will be able to clear things up for you (Y):)

id listen to joe elding he seems to have ridden both (Y):) also i would have thought that a difference in aluminium would affect the ride of the bike alot alone!!!! even if the geo was the same, light alu = more springy feel. and such forth.

Waynio.......................

• 4 weeks later...

ok i see no 1 is selling a 05221ti any more so i am very interested in a pr but people say all different things about them like the way they ride and they are proned to cracking i just want to know the true facts, tehre has got to be something differnt or they would not be that huge price gap,

id have guessed the tubing will be lighter on a 221 ti? n maybe a tweak in the geo somewhere. uses integral headset on a 221 ti little bits of attention to detail makes the differences i think.

Waynio....................

E-mail barbara Wright @ Cleanbikes im sure she will be able to clear things up for you (Y):)

i think there is a 0.7mm difference in chainstay length, :ermm:lol , and they are shock absorbing i think so shouldnt crack easy.

there was a topic in new members section and someone said they had there frame for 6 month (i think) and they have craked there frame in 3 places ... topic was quite a while ago but it was something like that try searching for it for more info

also if you go on google ... look for pr's and then ti's there will be pictures which have the geometry along side it

• 2 months later...

I am thinking of getting a pr, i rode one today and it feels cool but are the differences between the frames enough to make up the £400 odd price difference? Needing some help here? I'm not fussed about what other people thing about the ride because i've rode it and i like it i'm also not fussed about weight because i'm not a girl is that the only/main differance? Weight?

Nick