Pedals?

BIG L

I use Planet-x pedals.......basically vps with planet-x on them

they're lovly after the first couple of rides (have to wear the bearings in)

super hard to break aswell, mine have taken a fair few hard wacks and still in near perfect condition!!

at £12, you cant go wrong (Y)

dmr v8s cant go rong just watch your shins (Y)

Emittily the pedals have really good unsealed bearing and a strong axle. the weight on them isnt too bad either. indeed 20 quid well spent. i have however seen them break. the pedal body is only a 7k series alloy which makes them brittle. dont let that put you off them as you do have to wack them pretty hard on a wall for them to snap!

Vp's for £12 are certainly a good investment. they shouldnt snap but will bend. they offer alot of grip as well. those are the ones im running

Edited by eskimo

I have done that many a time my right shin has a dent in it from where i hit it after bailing on a drop! >_<

(N) Me too, I expect most riders have dented/scared shins. Now I always wears shinpads that have saved me many more dents :D . IMO shorts and bare shins are a bad combination.

Anyway I use VPs from onza, They get pritty distorted from contact with rocks but still work fine.

DMR V8s are also very good, they are stronger than VPs but the pins can get broken off quite easily.

Emittily the pedals have really good unsealed bearing and a strong axle. the weight on them isnt too bad either. indeed 20 quid well spent. i have however seen them break. the pedal body is only a 7k series alloy which makes them brittle. dont let that put you off them as you do have to wack them pretty hard on a wall for them to snap!

Vp's for £12 are certainly a good investment. they shouldnt snap but will bend. they offer alot of grip as well. those are the ones im running

iv`e snaped two pairs of vp pedals on the body of them

if you are looking for a short term solution get the vps for 12 quid they are good grippy pedals but they break in my experience. I run DMR v8s these seem a better long term pedal as they are easy to service as they have grease ports and they are strong with replacable pins. i would go for the v8s ;)

hope this helped (Y)

I am currently riding the pedals below. Specialized lo-pro mag II. They work quite well and the pins still grip well after quite a bit of riding. In the beginning a lot of grease came out and collected dirt, but i cleaned that up and didn't leak any more. The bearings in the previous model came loose pretty quick. These are a little loose, but ok. The main body is magnesium and it has removable/replaceable pins.

IPB Image

Edited by justfuzzit

dmr`s are mate look in

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/phi.../random%20pics/

i now im sick for taking a picture :P

yeh but he wants some for £20.

it really is worth speding a little more on some that you can replace the cage and com with better bearings. i have just sped a bit on some atom lab trai pimp pedals and they are shite. little grip and crap bearings.

it depends what sort or riding you do really because if you do sideops to pedal etc then face it, what ever pedal you buy will get smashed so may as well get a cheapo e.g vp or v8. also look for replacable pins.

• 2 weeks later...