Natural Trials

Which makes have people found the best for natural trials, on a mod? Also I have always wonderd why some bikes are better at natural than street, could someone explain the differance? Finally are there any mod frames out that are at all similar to the new koxx 26" (The one with onle one bar basically)?

Thanks

Edit : In your opinion who makes the best mod bikes (not concerning price)?

Edited by unicycle boy

Well there really isn't "a best bike" for natural it's what the rider finds most comfy and easy to ride. There are bikes that are easier to ride natural with if thats what you meant.

Monty i would say is the easiest to ride natural with. I think they are better because they way they are built firstly take the example of the monty ti disk,

1) It has a 19"x2.6" monty back tire for extra grip on those rocks.

2)It has a monty eagle claw bash plate (very spiky for grip if your wheel slips.)

3)They frame is concaved to allow more manouverability.

4)The stem is made of carbon fibre for lightness.

5)It has a front and rear disk brake. (disk brakes don't slip in the wet).

6)The handle bars are wider than usual to allow more control.

These bikes are awsome and they are award winning bikes! The only bad thing is they come with a shimano freewheel and in my oppinion all the shimano parts i've had are rubbish so this freewheel maybe rubbish to, but definitely montys are worth the money!. Although Montys are brilliant bikes my opinion of who makes the best bikes has to be GU or ZOO they are simply the best for me anyway!!

Hope i have helped Cheers BIG L (Y)

Edited by BIG L

Yeah monty's are the way to go with natural riding. They ride so much nicer nicer on natural surfaces as opposed to something like a zona. The monty has a 2.7" rear tyre for extra grip on the slippery surfaces. Also the only frame I've ever seen like the new koxx is this giant prototype.

click

Well there really isn't "a best bike" for natural it's what the rider finds most comfy and easy to ride. There are bikes that are easier to ride natural with if thats what you meant.

Monty i would say is the easiest to ride natural with. I think they are better because they way they are built firstly take the example of the monty ti disk,

1) It has a 19"x2.6" monty back tire for extra grip on those rocks.

2)It has a monty eagle claw bash plate (very spiky for grip if your wheel slips.)

3)They frame is concaved to allow more manouverability.

4)The stem is made of carbon fibre for lightness.

5)It has a front and rear disk brake. (disk brakes don't slip in the wet).

6)The handle bars are wider than usual to allow more control.

These bikes are awsome and they are award winning bikes! The only bad thing is they come with a shimano freewheel and in my oppinion all the shimano parts i've had are rubbish so this freewheel maybe rubbish to, but definitely montys are worth the money!. Although Montys are brilliant bikes my opinion of who makes the best bikes has to be GU or ZOO they are simply the best for me anyway!!

Hope i have helped Cheers BIG L (Y)

if you call 27"'s wide then yes

My 03 monty absolutly pwned on natural!

Weird thing is I don't know why. I had a da-bomb pro and when I changed to the monty it felt pretty similar to ride, but when I was riding it was wayy out-performing it. Its very flicky and really easy to re-position on rocks, only thing you could moan about is the long seat tube, but to be honest that doesn't really hinder a great deal of tuckage

Monty 4tw!