The Standard Onza Mod Forks - Does Anyone Know How Heavy They Are?

The Duck

I've just bought some smart guy forks for my t-mag on ebay :D and I was wondering what the weight difference would be (smart guy's weigh in at just over a kg).

But I have looked everywhere I can think of to try and find out how much the standard forks weigh!!! Its annoying the hell out of me so i needed to make a post!

Cheers (Y)

I've just bought some smart guy forks for my t-mag on ebay :D and I was wondering what the weight difference would be (smart guy's weigh in at just over a kg).

But I have looked everywhere I can think of to try and find out how much the standard forks weigh!!! Its annoying the hell out of me so i needed to make a post!

Cheers (Y)

I'd guess at about 1.5 kg it's only a guess though.

They weigh about half as much again as my zoo forks which are alleged to be 995 grams.

either way - they're heavy

we weren't that far out anyway - by the time you've added the star nut, topcap and that funny little ring thing the headset sits on you're probably getting close to a kilo and a half so ner :P

Edited by poopipe

we weren't that far out anyway - by the time you've added the star nut, topcap and that funny little ring thing the headset sits on you're probably getting close to a kilo and a half so ner :P

yeah, cause my top cap weighs 200g :P

I would have thought they weighed in at around 2kg myself :Slol

They are real havnt for forks, but, they are also near indestructable...

Has anyone actually snapped a pair?

I'm beginning to wonder now.

Are the t-vee forks really identical to the t-pro/t-mag forks apart from the brake mounts ?

1100g isn't all that heavy - echo lites are alleged to be around 750g, zoo 995g, i think the echo teams and gus were around the same weight as zoos.

I guess part of the illusion could be that the standard t-pro stem is steel and probably adds a fair bit of weight to the front of the bike.

second opinion anyone?

Has anyone actually snapped a pair?

Not that I know of, but my mate did manage to bend a pair ! :huh:

The T-Vee forks are 1100 grams, just weighed them.

:o I thought they'd be quite a bit heavier than that! Considering that the smart guy forks (RRP £89.99!!!) are about 1020g!

:rolleyes: I'm outraged! haha

The newest T-Vee forks are the same as the T-Bird, T-Pro, T-Mag 1 forks apart from the Vee mounts. They weigh 1300 grams and are even more indestructable. The original T-Vee fork with the more rounded crown had thinner walls hence the lower weight. To make the more angular crown of the current version requires greater wall thickness or the bend flattens in the machine when they are made. This accounts for the weight increase.