Ashton Justice Bb Size And Steerer Length

ghosts_cloak

Hi guys,

I am taking my bike (2006 Ashton Justice) to the bike shop next week to have some bits and bobs swapped off my Leeson (cranks, chain and cassette etc). I need to know the BB size to fit my Middlesburn Pro trials cranks, square taper. Am I right in thinking 73mm x 122mm?(from the FAQ, but I dont know what year this applies to).

Also, I was swapping the echo stem it came with for my shiny Hope CNC stem and notice that the top of the steerer is about 7-8 mm below the top of the stem. The Hope leaflet with the stem recommends 5mm, is this okay? It looks okay to me, as there is still a substantial amount of steerer to clamp onto but if there is any doubt to its safety then I will just get new forks.

Thanks a lot!!!

Gareth

I am currently using a 73 x 118mm bb axle with my middleburns, theres plenty of room.

also, the stem "should" be fine, just keep an eye on it.

Cheers, thats really useful! I shall order a UN53 73-118mm off Chain reaction this evening (they don't seem to sell the UN73's with long enough axles?)

Any more opinions on the steerer length?

Thanks,

Gareth