Lens For Powershot Is S2

Wright Pads

try ebay or somthing i don't know what you would put in the search though :S

I'm trying to establish what lens i need for that type of image!

Onzaboy Mark said i need a fish eye

I'm going to lookabout ebay now!!

Cracking camera, now i have read the manual a bit, 5 pages got a bit more understanding of this thing works fully!!

Oo Fish eye lens..any good?

I got the pic Google which wa spretty random em!

Hey pete thats not expensive at all i was looking at that one for my camera but i didnt but for 2 reaons.

1: they are from the USA so you may come across import taxes when the item get to your door , because the company will not send it marked as a gift for you.

2: They have rubbish feedback, check it out people saying they got the rong item, they never reply to emails, postage cost them a bomb blablabla so on.

This is the sort of lens you are looking for though pete but just try and find another i will bring mine next time i come plymouth mate.

Cheers

Cheers for the heads up dude! Look forward to seeing yours next time your about

Sat and sun i think im not gonna be free as i have soemthing stuff to do then it's a mates duaghters 18th whoo

We'll sort soemthing out. Gonna try and see whats going in plymouth with em

Pete-

If I was you anyone I wouldn't bother.

As you can see from that example you have posted there is extremly large black edges making it look like your seeing the photo through the end of a tunnel.

The final image ends up very small, espically if cropped which you will then end up with a very small res image.

You can eliminate the black edges by zooming in but then you loose both quality and the fisheye effect.

The actual image is very low quality as well, mega distortion.

There a fat waste of money, don't bother.

Thought that was the whole idea of it Rob? i also like that kinbda effect!

I can set big size imaged and there is a setitng to make the camera adjust for fisheye, wideangle and teli phot

Also you just dont zoom in or out that much i would of presumed

Thought that was the whole idea of it Rob? i also like that kinbda effect!

The whole idea of what? Creating tunnel vision like photos? :turned:

The effect is very cool, I love the fisheye effect but I atleast want to be able to see the subject!!

I can set big size imaged and there is a setitng to make the camera adjust for fisheye, wideangle and teli phot

You can only set different amounts of pixels, meaning the highest on your camera is 5mp. This dosen't really mean anything? Still cropped you'll be looking at halfing the initial size. How does the camera adjust for fisheye etc? What does it do?

Also you just dont zoom in or out that much i would of presumed

Well yeh, you can zoom in as little or as much as you like, depending on how much you want to eliminate the black edges but by doing so you loose both quality and the fisheye effect.

Meaning you'll actually ever end up with photos with half of it taken up by black space. surely you don't think that actually looks good?

It's like the subject is miles away, you won't be able to see as much detail etc as if it were a full image, obviously, surely thats a bad thing? :ermm:

Edited by Rob_P