Onza 2003 Forks

twisted

ok i just bought sum new forks (onza 2003) didnt have much money :( . anyway just went to fit the brakes and the bloody screws wont fit in! there standard magura hs33's and im not sure whether its the forks or the brakes . any ideas or do i just have to get some smaller screws?, if so where to get them.

ok i just bought sum new forks (onza 2003) didnt have much money :( . anyway just went to fit the brakes and the bloody screws wont fit in! there standard magura hs33's and im not sure whether its the forks or the brakes . any ideas or do i just have to get some smaller screws?, if so where to get them.

Are the forks 4 bolt mounts? or are they V-brake mounts? If they are V mounts on your magura clamps but 4 bolt mounts on the forks then yes you will need smaller bolts. You will also need to replace the clamps with 4 bolt clamps available form good shops such as tartybikes.

Normal V mounts use M6 bolts to secure the brake on, the magura 4 bolt mounts use M5 (i think), so basically you need to buy 4 M5 bolts - they wont come with new clamps, you will have to buy them seperately. Go to ur LBS and get some bolts from them, thats your best bet.

oh yea it was t-pro kid sry, anyway thanks philking for the info that helps but 1 small problem still i just noticed that the forks stick out ontop of the stem about 1.5 cm. is there a reason for this or can i cut them down?

Yes thats normal - forks come with long steerer tubes so that they can fit in frames with long headtubes. Just cut the steerer down so that the top of the tube is about 3mm below the top of the stem - this way when you tighten the top cap it will pull the headset and forks together. Alternatively you can use headset spacers under your stem like these. Again, just pile the spacers up untill the top of the fork steerer tube is about 3mm below the top of the stem. Good Luck.

Edited by philking