Fitting Maxxis To Try All Rim?!

ghosts_cloak

Hi guys,

Im sure I read a thread similar to this a while back but I cant find it with search.

Im trying to fit a Maxxis Hansventure too a 47mm try-all rim (stock) and there are about 10 inches on either side I just cant get to pop on. I have broken 3 plastic tire levers, but I dont fancy using a screwdriver incase it folds the sidewall over or rips the inner tube etc.

Hmm any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Gareth

Make sure you've pulled the rest of the tyre to the centre of the rim, this usually makes it easier to get that last little bit on there. Try lubing up the bead of the tyre with washing up liquid or something and give it some beans!

Sounds brutal but hang the part of the rim over a table of which you can't get on, then climb on and stamp on the area it won't go on, always works for me, or don't be a pussy and use 2 huge screwdrivers along with talc. If your careful then.. and don't worry, i doubt it will fold the rim :P

Just get a decent Pedros DH tyre lever, works awesome for me, strong as f**k!

http://store1.yimg.com/I/pedrosusa_1897_2802164

Cheers guys!

I got it on by squeezing all the tyre into the middle and with the use of my favourite breakfast spoon, that amazingly survived!

Sorted!

And I think I will have to get one of those DH tyre levers, looks immense!

Gareth