Echo Bb Trouble

modrider666

Hi everyone,

Put my new echo bb in today and tightened the cups up preety tight and when i put my cranks on, if i held the crank and rocked it you could feel the axle moving in the bearings and theres a fair bit of play there.

So i removed the cranks and tightened them more and the problem is still there :S.

Please help

cheers Peter.....

Edited by modrider666

Those echo BB's are 68mm only.

But that would mean it would be rocking by half a cm.

I think they all rock slightly, once you get everything on and the chain tight you shouldn't notice.

Faced BB shell would help too. And make sure the cranks are screwd right up against the BB.

i had the exact same problem as you did with my echo external bb, i put it into my gu frame tightened it to around 60n/m and the axle had a little play in it, i couldnt figure out the problem, so i took it out and tightened it back up, still a little play so i tightened it even tighter and that sorted the problem, i htink the cups need to be tight up against the recess in the axle, to me the axle with the recess probably is a little out of tolerance when it has been machined........ who knows

but all is well now

ash