Brakes Lever Set Up

baz123

hi. i am currently learning how to ride with one finger on the brake but i just cant find a convertable place to ride with, all my fellow riders have told me i should ride with one finger as i get more control over the bike. but i just cant get used to it..

it would be very nice for some tips on how to set them up thanks for your time. :)

hi. i am currently learning how to ride with one finger on the brake but i just cant find a convertable place to ride with, all my fellow riders have told me i should ride with one finger as i get more control over the bike. but i just cant get used to it..

it would be very nice for some tips on how to set them up thanks for your time. :)

i ride with my brakes about 2" away from the grip so i can only grab them with 1 or 2 fingers and i have them ajusted so they don't open up fully

if you don't find it comfortable to use one finger then don't, if your doing ok with 2 on the lever than whos to tell you different that its wrong or whatever they say about using 2 if that makes sense

or if you really want to use 1 then loosen the lever place your hand in the usual place on the grip then slide the lever along until you finger sits in the little groove on the blade.......hope you can understand that!

hope i've helped ......GAZ......

It is better to use 1 finger braking as you do get more control over the bike. Also when you are on your back wheel you need to angle the levers so they are straight out for your fingers to grab and that they are not angled so it feels unatural.

Again when you are putting the levers on the bars i usually have mine about 1inch away from the end of the grips (depends on the size of your hands) and the lever out so i can just grip it with the end of my finger. This way you maximise the ammount of control you have within your hands.

Hope this helps (Y)

Lose the leaver

Take hold of the bars as if you were to ride

Now hold out the finger next to your thumb as if you were to use your brake one fingered

Now move the leaver in till it feels right

Set leaver at an angle of 45 ish degree and where it feel right on the one finger

Repate for you right or left finger pending what order you did it in

Now go ride and make any tiny adjusment you need to

Your finger will hurt a bit as they work little hard but it feel better and everything

If you want to get over the pain feeling if you have any, it's a work out for you finger to use for fingering!

if you don't find it comfortable to use one finger then don't, if your doing ok with 2 on the lever than whos to tell you different that its wrong or whatever they say about using 2 if that makes sense

But it is better to brake with your pointing finger.

There's no real trick for setting up your leaver position. Basicly trial (haha) and error. Just keep fiddling till you get it right.

It does take some getting use to though, but if you stick at it for a few rides, you'll wonder how you managed with 2 fingers.

You do need a somewhat powerful brake though, make sure your running aftermarket pads, no koolstops or standard black pads.