Disc Break Leaver

domonza

hi, i have a magura hydrolic disc and i was wondering could i use vegetable oil instead of mineral fluid to bleed it,, also is it possible to put the leaver on a normal magura and use it as a leaver.

also could someone please tell me how you bleed a hydrolic disk brake.

would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

to bleed a hydraulic disc brake, you will need a peice of hose, a small spanner, a bottle, and some dot4/5.1/mineral oil.

1) take off the resevior cap on the lever

2)top it up with fluid

3) put the small peice of hose over the bleed nipple, and put the other end into the bottle

4)turn the nut on the bleed nipple anti clockwise to open it

5)pull the brake lever in to the grip and hold it

6)rotate the nut on the bleed nipple clock wise to close it

7)let the brake lever go

repeat stages 4,5,6 and 7 about 10 times whilst keeping an eye on the fluid level in the resevior and topping up when needed.

its best to get someone to help you do it as it is fiddly doing all the things at once.

once you have done it a fair few times, tighten the nut on the bleed nipple, and screw the resevoir cap back on, take off the peice of hose,(BE EXTRA CAREFUL WHEN DOING THIS NOT TO LET ANY FLUID DRIP ON YOUR ROTOR OR PADS) wipe the nipple over with a bit of kitchen roll. bob's your uncle :)

alan :)