Pics Of My Revell

T-Limburn

hey, just thought i'd share some pictures of my revell that i have just taken.

the spec is

revell frame

zoo urban forks

azonic 1.5 dw bars

fsa xc170 stem

tryall rubber grips

hope headset

pro2 front hub

koxx tryall fluro yellow front rim

maxxis 2.35 maxxpro minion rear tyre on the front

avid bb7 front disc brake with xtr lever

koxx 127.5 bb

middleburn 170 cranks with superprotrials bash

kmc kool chain

dmr v8 pedals

chris king classic full hd rear hub

koxx tryall fluro yellow rear rim

maxxis 2.5 super tacky minion rear tyre

magura hs33 05 rear brake

shimano tiagra rear mech

and some other small pieces probably!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

cheers

Tom

edit: it usually has a seat which i havent been arsed to put back on yet

the rear sidewall of the rim is about to be ground off due to a shit brake!

edit2: i have been wanting a colour on my bike for ages and decided to go for yellow rims as a bit of a laugh but i quite like them now... (Y)

Edited by T-Limburn

T-Limburn,

I have some questions about your bike. How do these Revell trials bikes handle? If a rear disc were to be used would the brake disc line up with the disc caliper with the frame using horizontal dropouts? Lastly, what is Revell's new website? I tried accessing there old website: www.revell-bikes.com and it is none existant. Matter of fact it has been this way for about a year.

Keep the wheels rollin,

Deadly Venom

T-Limburn,

I have some questions about your bike. How do these Revell trials bikes handle? If a rear disc were to be used would the brake disc line up with the disc caliper with the frame using horizontal dropouts? Lastly, what is Revell's new website? I tried accessing there old website: www.revell-bikes.com and it is none existant. Matter of fact it has been this way for about a year.

Keep the wheels rollin,

Deadly Venom

hey

the revells handle pretty well.

as for the rear disc i rode one of chris doneys rear disc revells for quite a while at one point and it works fine, even with the horizontal dropouts. there is no reason why it shouldnt really as long as you set the tensioners up right so that the disc and caliper are perfectly aligned.

the revell website has never really worked to be honest and i dont know if they have a current valid one.

tom

T-Limburn,

Thanks for the info on the revell. I have one last question, are the dropouts long lasting when using a disc setup on the rear? The reason why I ask is because I have contemplated buying a Revell and the only ones I have found here in the U.S. are disc only.

Roll on,

Deadly Venom

deadly venom, they are fine, chris' is still going strong, although he barely rides it now. they were originally designed for rear disc only, because chris used to ride double disc, but to open the frame to a wider market they stuck some 4-bolt mounts on too, so yes the frame is strong there.

tom, i didnt even get a thanks for building your wheels, im shocked and appauled.

also, a less bais opinion on how the bike rides. awesome, on anything natural, as its so short it just gets up anything and just sits there beautifully. but on street, i personally find it too short but tom is 6ft and he manages fine.

these rims are scary, we were riding in the pitch black woods last night and all you could see were these bright yellow circles. it wasjust so cool. i really want some but they would look very gay on my bike.