Disk Mounts Onto Frames

M3LLON_t-mag

i dont think disks offer any power advantage over rim brakes. your modulation would be better, but nothing locks like a magura.

the problems with using a rear disk for trials are that it puts a greater stress on the seat stays and there's the possibillity of landing on the disk. you may also notice more flex in the bike as you brake.

overall, if your rim brakes are working properly then upgrading to discs would be very costly for little/no improvement (you may even make your bike feels worse). if i were you i would spend the money on other parts of the bike where you'll really notice the difference.

i have been thinking for a while now of upgrading my vinco to a dual disc but dnt knw if its wise or not to do this plus were can i get disc mounts from

unless your going to get an adaptor (crap) or weld a mount on (snap/extra expense from re heat treating your frame for mounts that might get ripped off) your going to have to buy a lot of parts for the change over, a frame that will take a disk(iolo/simtra/adamant? etc)which would be stupid 'cause you just got a vinco, a hub for it and the disk brake but why would you want to do that your back brake is prety awesome already and unless you get an iolo for similar geometry to a vinco you won't be able to finger the ultra high bb rise like you normally do.

plus disks are near enough silent (esp when your comparing it to zoo's on a grind with tar lol) so you don't get the confidence boost. as well as if you have a disk you have a good chance of hitting it on a missed sidehop so your ride would get cut short, just stick with your current setup!

i dont think disks offer any power advantage over rim brakes. your modulation would be better, but nothing locks like a magura.

the problems with using a rear disk for trials are that it puts a greater stress on the seat stays and there's the possibillity of landing on the disk. you may also notice more flex in the bike as you brake.

overall, if your rim brakes are working properly then upgrading to discs would be very costly for little/no improvement (you may even make your bike feels worse). if i were you i would spend the money on other parts of the bike where you'll really notice the difference.

im sorry 'ted' but from owning bikes with back discs, and bikes with back maggies, i think i can tell you that a back disk has better lock thatn any rim brake, and everyone that has ridden my bike agrees!

but if your a street rider mate, id keep the maggie!

i am also led to believe that the way the pads work in disc brakes is mainly one direction of rotation so if u are up on your back wheel it puts force in other both directions depending on correction

but i'm just a noob i read that some were els

so correct me if i'm wrong

sorry i got it rong its from this where i jumped to the wrong anser

"as for disc brakes, while some trials bike frames are built to accomodate disc brakes on the rear, the disc tabs on the Trek Bruiser aren't ideal for trials. y'see, while the bike is up on the rear wheel and the brake is locked the brake tabs are having forces exherted on them from the wheel being pushed backwards; if you have to do a corrective hop backwards and brake while the wheel is travelling backwards, the forces are even greater. 98% of disc tabs are designed to absorb brake forces from the bike travelling forwards, so they can rip off if trials moves are performed on them." quote bEavoLa (mbuk.com/forum"

Edited by rids