Screwed Disk Brake?

Harry

A friend gave me his Avid BBDB disk brake and disk, but the pads were far to worn down, so stupid me i tried to replace them. Now, having always run V brakes up until now i have no idea how a disk break works and well im not quite sure if I've broken it, if its fixable or if i should just scrap the disk brake and stay with V brakes... :$ Its sort of looking like this at the moment...

IPB Image

IPB Image

maybe i should take it to a bike shop and let them have a look at it... help me please!

erm first i would ask your friend but... isnt that the pump arm that pushes the pad out? is that loose or actually bent like that? cos if its bent then you could TRY and straighten it but its most probs nackered :(

*edit* and why post something like that _skj0lsvik_? he told you what he did.. and he has most probably been to heavy handed with a screwdriver lol

Edited by Willsey

erm first i would ask your friend but... isnt that the pump arm that pushes the pad out? is that loose or actually bent like that? cos if its bent then you could TRY and straighten it but its most probs nackered :(

err yeah thats the pump arm... and yeah its loose... it kinda wobbles around :blink:

techically you are correct, i'm just generalizing it as that is its alternative in a hydraulic.

As for the spring if i remember correctly there is just a leaf spring that sits in between the pads, slot the pads into the spring then slide them in the caliper. alternativly I may have got the leaf spring idea mixed up with hopes