Help - Related To Bike Tricks?

will17will17

Hi i have been riding trials for just over a year now and have picked up the basics,

-Side hops

-Back wheeling

-Small gaps

-Drops

-Bashing objects

But what i see in a lot of videos is what i believe is called wheel swapping, i can do this trick (if you would call it a trick) on the ground but when i see people gap and land to front wheel and then switch wheels i wonder how it is done because i find it difficult to do while in the air then landing on the front wheel, so could you possibly write a small description of the easiest way to do it please?

Also at the moment i am finding it hard to back wheel objects higher than a foot to a foot 1/2 and once again was wondering if you could but a description on how to get higher and perhaps taping? but i feel i don't need to tap on something that small.

Sorry i do not have any footage or pictures at the moment, i cannot seem to find the camera cable.

All help and comments appreciated

Thanks Will (Y)

and also i just thought, when i back wheel a object my front end always seems to fall forwards but when i lean back i never seem to make it, i was just wondering where abouts should i centre my body when i am back wheeling a object?

Thanks again Will

Also at the moment i am finding it hard to back wheel objects higher than a foot to a foot 1/2 and once again was wondering if you could but a description on how to get higher and perhaps taping? but i feel i don't need to tap on something that small.

trashzen.com - look at the climbing & frontal pedal hop videos

Are you putting an extra half pedal turn in with your wrong foot before the main kick ?

like this (assuming you ride right foot forward) ..

roll forwards with your left foot forward, turn the pedals and then do the big pedal kick with your right foot.

the extra crank gives you a bit more forward momentum and pretty much guarantees an engagement when you need it - try that - you'll be upping twice your current height in no time

Thanks for the Trashzen is it?

and yes i ride right foot forward and pedal at the object with my left forward, it always seems easier that way.

Thanks Will

yeah main site

sorry ... slightly dodgy description - i should have said left foot up while rolling towards it and unweight the front with your wrong foot as you crank- this is me doing it up a rail

little video

its the extra (wrong foot) crank that pushes you forward. maybe you're leaving too early as well, you want to be very near the thing you're upping when you pedal kick

Edited by poopipe

Sorry i keep asking questions, i'm not Pro :P

haha. I'm shite so don't put too much stock in what i say .

I tend to roll a bit cos I have very little sense of balance and just don't feel comfortable staying completely still. It also gives you a bit more forward momentum which can only help - particularly if you're heading straight at the thingy.

easier to roll up without stopping mate.get as much run up as you feel you need and when you approach the object bend your arms then pull up hard on the bars and push down really hard on the pedals.then when the bike comes up compress your body as if you were about to sit down on your back tire.

I tend to roll a bit cos I have very little sense of balance and just don't feel comfortable staying completely still. It also gives you a bit more forward momentum which can only help - particularly if you're heading straight at the thingy.

My balance isn't very good so ill try it when i go out later, Thanks poopipe + Max-t

more help appreciated

Will

Edited by will17will17