Novatec Rear Hub For Trials

Vasil

Hello

I had a silent clutch rear hub and the ball beraring is damaged in it and i wana buy a new hub.I saw a novatec rear hub.Kind ainteresting cus wasn't so noisy as the chepear one novatecs in the shop.It looks very cool.

Has anybody tried some novatec rear for trials?My second option is ringel but novatec is chepaer and is in shop so no need of order.A

Don't do it. All there hubs are cheap crap which is a budget solution to those riders who need a strong hub in terms of bearings but couldn't care less about the freewheel (ie. freeriders). I had a few hubs which were almost identical to the Novatec (these have many clones) and they were useless. Obviously with 4 bearings there was no play what so ever even after a long period of time, but the hub would skip notoriously.

You can also buy a 48ep 6 pawl hubs with a 10mm through-axle but under the name of Reborn Bloodlines, Novatec, Prodigy etc. They sound super loud, engage quickly but in trials they won't last more than a few days. Fact.

You'll do best to buy another Silent Clutch, they really are great hubs for how much they cost, in addition to that you get almost instant engagement. If you want to make it more reliable, you should slide a tight thick ring onto the drive shell. After all, these hubs only skip once and that's when the drive shell cracks. This will stop it from doing so.

I will repair silent cus i saw ovatec and i suggest silent is safer only u have to put a ring on casette to do not crack and tehn it's undestroyable :P

"A roller clutch (or "silent clutch" in Shimano terminology) is a type of freewheel ratchet mechanism which uses cams and rollers instead of pawls.

In addition to eliminating the annoying "tick-tick-tick" of a pawl-type freewheel, a roller clutch has less slop when drive force is applied to it...drive begins as soon as forward motion of the pedals starts, unlike a pawl-type freewheel which only drives once it has rotated far enough to let the pawls engage the notches of the ratchet ring. "

http://www.ridemonkey.com/classifieds/wate...=613&size=1

Edited by Vasil