Complete Pc Noob

Jaffacakes

Ok, here's the dealio.

I have a "f**k off big assignment®" on a floppy disc and all it says when I try to run it is .....

"The disc in drive A is not formated, format now?"

Then I click ok and it says "unable to format"

It's a bit of a bitch really since its saved on my pc at college but not at home so I cant get to it, pleeeeeeeeeease help :wub:

try another disk in the drive. If it coems up with the same message, then you floppy drive is screwed. Go and buy another...cost like a fiver. take both sides of the case of, and unscrew the old one, push it out the front, unplug the cables, put in new drive, and slide in and screw.

simple

p.s get a memory stick

I tried another disc and it plays or works or whatever but this one still doesn't :S It's exactly the same floppy disc as well, its even the same colour.

I may get a memory stick when the time comes :P

Is there any other way of getting into the floppy dick?

Edito: f**king ching, I clicked on the floppy in my computer then instead of going back to my computer and clicking it again when i got the important disk in it, i just stayed inside the folder and it changed so they were there.

Edited by Jaffacakes

welllll then you floppy disk is screwed then. It'll have become corrupted. I hope you have it backed-up

Is there any other way of getting onto the floppy dick?

Edito: f**king ching, I clicked on the floppy in my computer then instead of going back to my computer and clicking it again when i got the important disk in it, i just stayed inside the folder and it changed so they were there.

Whats in bold has been sigged:D and good good, atleast it worked.