Cranks, Bb, Pedals And Creaking :(

Joe Papasnap Maher

Right heres the lowdown :(

Got a new onza bb as my other one was shagged.

put my cranks on...and there was clearly a little bit of play. Did them up.. Seemed fine.

They came loose after like 5 mins or so...! Degreased the threead of bb, crank bolt , axle..the lot. Did it up..worked loose :(

So..used the old tin can method...just placed a tiny strip around the axle, cranks on, loctite in threads...YES. they havnt worked loose. But when pressure is applied to the cranks the most irrating and scary creaking noise come from the cranks/bb :(

I dont wanna have to buy new cranks..simply because i cant afford them..

So is there any other way of getting the whol problem sorted??

Thanks in advance

Well the old tin can method always causes a bit of creaking. Check the tapers are still nice and square in your cranks if the keep coming loose, if they are not nice and quare, then you may want to try the possible method of locktight, put a fair amount on the threads of both the crank bolts and the BB. Also a small dab on the BB arms. Worked in the past for me.

Altho be aware, that to much wont work, and neither will to little. Oh and you might have trouble undoing the bolts....

You could do... but you would have to watch the threads. Or you could just see about getting some spacers for the BB... I dont know about your local bike shop, but you might be able to get something. Also never personally looked for spacers for square tapers, im running some on my ISIS now though, cause of my front free wheel.