Oooo Nooo

Jsy Ben

Hi, today hasnt been too good ive already bent a wheel to the point of no return and after a few snappy sounds near the end of the ride today i was concerned, so looking down i saw splits in the very end of the axle, well the axle bit that sits just beneath the lockring.

Took it apart tonight and found this, well pieces...

[attachmentid=7568][attachmentid=7569]

So how much to make it "whole" again ?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a new axle ?

Edit: Seeing as i can apparently not worry about the jaggered end bit, could i just modify that whole section (see red part in picture) so its half the size it normally is (grind/saw/file the broken parts off to the point where it "dips" down abit in the picture so it ends up like a ring) but still so it sits in its usual place inside on the axle hopefully emliminating any "play". Then unscrew the remanding end cap part off the axle (where the 5mm goes in), and buy a new end cap for £14?

[attachmentid=7570]

post-8167-1160944781_thumb.jpg

post-8167-1160944838_thumb.jpg

post-8167-1160946068_thumb.jpg

Edited by jersey rider

If you mean the jagged bitey toothed thingy on the end of your axle don't worry about it. Mine broke off a long time ago and it's been fine. Happens alot when Kings are used for trials.

Check second picture mate, ive snapped the chrome metal bit too! (the bit that the 5mm goes into) :( Thanks anyway (Y)

well shafted, good work soldier.

You can try to warranty it, failing that a new one is 55 quid from tarty.

Cheers Dave, will ring them tomorrow. £45 for me as the Channel islands is vat free :) all the better, still £45 :( ah bumma.

Give info@chrisking.com a shout, and let them know. They should sort it, and you'll have the option of paying to upgrade to a HD axle & bolts. (Cant remember the exact price off the top of my head)

Either way, they will replace it. Or at least the tens of axle's I've warrantied for customers have been! :)

Mike.

Give info@chrisking.com a shout, and let them know. They should sort it, and you'll have the option of paying to upgrade to a HD axle & bolts. (Cant remember the exact price off the top of my head)

Either way, they will replace it. Or at least the tens of axle's I've warrantied for customers have been! :)

Mike.

I think it was about £26 for me, then you get a tax bill for an extra £17 a bit later. That's for the standard axle sent back, upgraded to HD with fun bolts, inc postage. Downside is the time it takes for them to turn it around, it's a few weeks IIRC.