Rim Tar!

cornishpasty

i was wondering! i run 26" white halo combats, and if i grindid them, would the value of the wheel when i sold it drop loads???

i doubt anyone will buy it with a grind unless they do trials. before i started doing trials there was no way id buy a hub with loads of scratches on it :D

well mate i just get bitchamin from roofers ...a place called foresters roofing they give it me for free all the left overs ...and i dont even no them ...i jst showed um me pics and clips to prove wat i wanted it for so they gave me some now i can jst pop in when i like....and to shape it i put it in a food bag and then on the heat in an old sauce pan and the shape it in the back then freeze it and then just rub it on and it works a treat so ...i have good brakes for free really ...if you wanna put it that way ...so try it ...take my edvic buddy ...thanks bennyb ...! (Y):-:rolleyes:B)^_^

Hey guys,

i have a 25 litre tub of runny tar left over from my new drive which works a treat on my bike. I'll happily send out small tubs of the stuff if people are willing to pay for postage. :)

kool sounds good as well! cant run short of it:P

p.s have you got msn? if so can i have your addy please. thanks josh

Yes just rub it on, don't put on to much though, as it makes the pads stick to the rims even after you have released the brake lever, and can cause some nasty falls. I used to use tar, but i tend to stay away from it now. To be honest you're just better getting the rim grinded, it is much better.

what pades do you run

Edited by BIGA1

i use tarand i got mine from ebay but i was in my local town and there was people doin road works and i asked for some so they give me a massive bag of bitchamen and told me to mix it with ht water and let it set on a bin bag and away you go just ask a builder or roofer for some they will give you loads if you explain what its for (Y)