Hayes Sole Xc Disk

Sucram

Hayes sole are one piston/pot similair to most cable operated discs. You can adjust the distance you have to move the lever before you stop by turning the 5mm allen keys behind each pad. I have them on my xc bike and once I moved the pads quite close in they began to slow me down well, but Im not too sure if they have the lock needed for trials use.

• 1 month later...

k i said i'd reply with what i thought, just to wrap the topic up i guess...

i've got a hayes so1e with a 160mm rotor on my mod at the moment.

i think it's pretty good to be honest. its certainly not got the bite of a bb7, louise or a juicy seven, or the quality *cough* of the hope's but it's perfect for what i want.

it's got a nice feel to it, just enough grab it's definitely more modulation orientated, some people would say weak but i prefer to have some distance between 'on' and 'off'.

i've only ridden it on rocks so far but it seemed decent enough, it didn't slip, and more importantly i didn't get arm pump over the space of 2 hours...

anyway yeh, i thought i'd post that for if someone searches and finds this topic.

i'm not sure what they are new, but if you are after a hydraulic disc on the cheap, then this is certainly an option as far as i'm concerned.