Echo External Bb's

Ben Geary

Its a standard M15 crank bolt thread though, which I would have said was pretty logical!

the point im meaning is though, i like a thread to be a standard off the shelve at ay your local iron mongers i.e. a M14, these silly crank bolts with the really fine pitch are there for a reason, i know! the fine thread keeps tighter, but they are harder to get hold of than a standard bolt M14 (readily available)

noting that most stockists dont 'hold' stoc of the metric fine and metric special thread range of sizes!

and from first hand expericence you have to buy a batch of around a 100 in a box if you order that particualt thread size in

the other point i was sgetting at is also, some botttom bracket manufacturers dont use m15 crank bolt thread, i have known m14 and m12, if it was a set size, like it was on the aquare taper (m8 fine) it might make things a little easier going

sorry for the rant

ash

They will fit the Echo External BB, yes.

the point im meaning is though, i like a thread to be a standard off the shelve at ay your local iron mongers i.e. a M14, these silly crank bolts with the really fine pitch are there for a reason, i know! the fine thread keeps tighter, but they are harder to get hold of than a standard bolt M14 (readily available)

noting that most stockists dont 'hold' stoc of the metric fine and metric special thread range of sizes!

and from first hand expericence you have to buy a batch of around a 100 in a box if you order that particualt thread size in

the other point i was sgetting at is also, some botttom bracket manufacturers dont use m15 crank bolt thread, i have known m14 and m12, if it was a set size, like it was on the aquare taper (m8 fine) it might make things a little easier going

sorry for the rant

ash

I see what you mean yeah... although the axle size options could be labelled as a positive - gives you the option of a really tough axle or a lighter one. Either way, all the different threads are a little off-putting for some, would be nice to stick to a standard like square, but I don't reckon it'll happen.