Giacomo Coustellier - Uci Wc'05

Walleee

Since when did riding up an down a slight grass bank count as real trials riding...Where were the rocks?!

After the first 6 mins or so the vid was cool (Y)

Also..those real rocks near the end looked awesome.

I don't think that was a 'slight' gradient, I would imagine walking up it to be difficult. Remeber he is one of the world's best rider's so he should make it look easy....

The sections were really steep and scary. It's hard to tell from the video though. There are a few points where Giaco rode through and everyone stratoed. Lots of fives in those sections too. The semifinals scores were also much higher than the finals. Finals had lots of big make or break sections. Semis were more technical.

Since when did riding up an down a slight grass bank count as real trials riding...Where were the rocks?!

After the first 6 mins or so the vid was cool (Y)

Also..those real rocks near the end looked awesome.

since ever...I guarantee you that many people who can do huge gap drops to rails or 6' hooks would not be able to get through those sections..have you ever done a real natural sections like that? Not easy by any means..

That rear wheel pivot he did on that vertical cliff face was amazing...

Also take into account the editing. Giaco used pretty much the entire 2 minutes for each section. The video makes it look like he was just flying through the section, but he was actually taking his time. That's the thing about comp riding that most people can't understand. At that level, it's as much a mental exercise as it is physical.

Im nearly sure it hasn't, your thinking of COTrials - Coustscoop, the riding is in the same place, (is it called St. Blaise?) but they are riding the original coustelliers.

Coustscoop really is a fantastic video, has the music stan shaw used on one of his vid's, it's like THE music for natural vids...

I've had a look on OTN and cotrials.com but can't find it anywhere, I have it, ill see if i can add it to the t-f server or something, otherwise add me to MSN and ill send you it there.

Better late than never, indeed (Y) . Really good vid. I enjoyed it a lot... The songs were good, however, the second got quite tedious and repetitive. And, you joined the songs and the clips together really well.

Any kind of banking sections are, by far, the hardest type of sections, and they really do seperate the best from the rest. And, in this case they showed us how technical and accurate Giacomo's riding is; he isn't merely tap, tap, tap.

Very good vid... :)

Cheers,

Joe.

i rode them sections at that world championships and they weren't good they were the organisers scraping for sections so i think that they just thought hey i know there are some hills we will just throw them trials lot there, it is the same at every world championship the sections are utter sh1te world cups are the true uci trials because they are just created for the trials community not fitted around the other sports.