What To Get?

Smoby_Walker

Hi everybody,

I'm Craig Walker and i need some help i have just got a new frame its is a Monty 221 Pr 20" Frame 2007 and i don't know what stuff i should get first e.g: forks headset bars... you get what i mean.

anyway i would like to have some good clues of what to get first and any tips whilst building it up cheers people thanks you for all your time. :DIPB Image

Monty bar and stem is an absolute must, PR stem is a good cheap alterntive to the Ti.

Wheels and stuff is down to personal choice but a set of the white monty rims built onto whatever fixed hub would be nice, and get a good freewheel monty, tensile, eno or try-all...

Well let's get you started.

First off You need to get the front end of your bike sorted out.

So:

Forks: Echo Lite 07, Giving you the option of running disc or magura up front, Also super strong forks and very light and make your bike look smart.

Echo Lite Forks 2007

Headset:Well any headset will do really, But if you are wishing to colour code your bike in anyway this headset gives you the option of picking one of the colour's, also this is a product by deng which you know is going to be worth while and long lasting.

Zoo CNC headset ( Avaliable In A Range Of Colours )

Stem: Well from the monty's that i have rode either of the following stem's feel nice on monty's.

Firstly you have the Echo team stem 2006, great stem, also a product by deng so is going to be long lasting and strong.

Echo Team Stem 2006

Then you could go for the monty 221ti stem, This stem really does look the part on your bike and also gives a nice feel to your bike, strong stem, great durability.

Monty 221ti Stem (Carbon Effect)

Bars: In my eyes you have the option of three of handlebars for a monty.

Firstly we have the Zoo bars, Great quality also used by many riders, avaliable in a range of colours, great for if you wish to colour code your bike, also a product by deng which gives you the comfort of knowing it is going to be long lasting and strong.

Zoo Riser Bars ( Avaliable In A Range Of 6 Colours)

Secondly You have the adamant bars, This is a new product by deng and is being tested by many riders, I have not heard of any downfalls on these bars up to yet, Again avaliable in a range on 6 colours which is perfect for if you wish to colour code your bike, made by deng again, so is going to be strong and long lasting.

Adamant Riser Bars ( Avaliable In A Range Of 6 Colours )

Thirdly we have the monty 221ti riser bars, new for 2007 are these great bars, these bars will really look the part on your bike, they are very pricey but definatly worth the buy, purely for the look and strength of these bars, only avaliable in white and red but really these would look nice on ant bike.

Monty 221ti Riser Bars 2007 ( Avaliable In White And Red Only )

There you go buddy, A nice range for you there.

Dan.

Dan.

Good choices. The ZOO! bars and Echo lite forks are lovely.

I'm not sure about the headset though, it's alot to spend for something which affects the bike so little. A good cheap headset is the FSA pig.

For wheels I would suggest Echo '07 rims on any of the Echo or hope hubs.

(Y)

What ever you do, don't deck it out with Deng shite. forks perhaps, because they offer the best value for money and have good standard geometry, but for stems and other bit's, the monty stuff is designed as it is for a reason.....

And whatever you do don't start trying to make it a colour coded bike, monty's paint/sticker's are too busy for that and it'll just look gash....

Good choices. The ZOO! bars and Echo lite forks are lovely.

I'm not sure about the headset though, it's alot to spend for something which affects the bike so little. A good cheap headset is the FSA pig.

For wheels I would suggest Echo '07 rims on any of the Echo or hope hubs.

(Y)

How on earth can he have hope hubs ? :blink:

He is riding a mod bike.

Dan.

First off You need to get the front end of your bike sorted out.

So:

Forks: Echo Lite 07, Giving you the option of running disc or Maura up front, Also super strong forks and very light and make your bike look smart.

Echo Lite Forks 2007

Headset:Well any headset will do really, But if you are wishing to colour code your bike in anyway this headset gives you the option of picking one of the colour's, also this is a product by Deng which you know is going to be worth while and long lasting.

Zoo CNC headset ( Available In A Range Of Colours )

Stem: Well from the Monty's that i have rode either of the following stem's feel nice on Monty's.

Firstly you have the Echo team stem 2006, great stem, also a product by Deng so is going to be long lasting and strong.

Echo Team Stem 2006

Then you could go for the Monty 221ti stem, This stem really does look the part on your bike and also gives a nice feel to your bike, strong stem, great durability.

Monty 221ti Stem (Carbon Effect)

Bars: In my eyes you have the option of three of handlebars for a Monty.

Firstly we have the Zoo bars, Great quality also used by many riders, available in a range of colours, great for if you wish to colour code your bike, also a product by Deng which gives you the comfort of knowing it is going to be long lasting and strong.

Zoo Riser Bars ( Available In A Range Of 6 Colours)

Secondly You have the adamant bars, This is a new product by Deng and is being tested by many riders, I have not heard of any downfalls on these bars up to yet, Again available in a range on 6 colours which is perfect for if you wish to colour code your bike, made by Deng again, so is going to be strong and long lasting.

Adamant Riser Bars ( Available In A Range Of 6 Colours )

Thirdly we have the Monty 221ti riser bars, new for 2007 are these great bars, these bars will really look the part on your bike, they are very pricey but definitely worth the buy, purely for the look and strength of these bars, only available in white and red but really these would look nice on ant bike.

Monty 221ti Riser Bars 2007 ( Available In White And Red Only )

Dan.

WOW Man your so much help that's stopped this topic cheers everybody and thank you especially Dan your a legend

Craig walker (somby)