Trials Bike As A Day To Day Ride?

thinbennyboy

Since i went to university a couple of months a go my bike has been stolen, hoping to grab a bargin in the jan sales i went to my local and nothing apart from a trials bike I can't remember the make but it seems pretty good and a steal at 175 as it has £100 worth of brakes on it and new tyres. I has never ridden trials before but have always wanted to give it a go. Being a student this is going be the only bike i can afford for a while(ever) so it will be a day to day ride as well.So how practical is using a trials bike for this? It's a 24" wheel. Any help welcome

Cheers

Ben

welcome to the forum and it depends on how far u live from the university if its just a mile it would be alright but more your legs would be dead by the end of the week. Does it have gears because that make a big difference and is it seatless or does it have a seat, if it has one then u can rest as u go.

hope this answers your question

Not very.

Try to pick up a CHEAP bike at a boot sale or something, you could probably get a cheap Raleigh mountain bike for around 10 quid and if it needs fixing i guess it would only be cheap to replace anything on it and with a bit of luck you'll just have to set up the gears properly or something easy like that...

Post a pic and a spec then we could help a bit better.

I understand your not going to know what spec it will be down to the last bolt but a pic would be cool.

Depends how much you are actually going to use it for trials and how much for normal riding.

It is a saracen mad 26, if that helps it has a small seat but nothing that you would really want to sit on. I do want to ride trials but i would need to use the bike as a day to day for quick trips to town. I live on campus at the moment but town in about a 15 min walk. And yes it does have gears. I am in chichester its very flat so hills are not a problem.

Cheers for the welcome

Ben