Adamant A3 Or Zhi Zm1/zm2?

ste_racca

Apparently the Zhi frames are rather weak despite them being made in the same factory and from the same materials as Deng frames. So just for that reason I'd choose an Adamant. You can't really go wrong with Deng's frames, they are the strongest on the market.

edit (to the guy below) - that's because you've only had Zhi frames in the UK for a short period of time. From all I know a large amount of these frames my end have cracked after a few months of use.

Edited by Inur

Apparently the Zhi frames are rather weak despite them being made in the same factory and from the same materials as Deng frames. So just for that reason I'd choose an Adamant. You can't really go wrong with Deng's frames, they are the strongest on the market.

edit (to the guy below) - that's because you've only had Zhi frames in the UK for a short period of time. From all I know a large amount of these frames my end have cracked after a few months of use.

Is that true of the stock Zhi frames aswell? I've been thinking about getting one of them within the next couple of months or so. Oh noes.

Is that true of the stock Zhi frames aswell? I've been thinking about getting one of them within the next couple of months or so. Oh noes.

What I wrote only applies to the 1st batch of frames which would be the ZM1 and the 1st Zhi stock frame (the one with the horizontal dropouts). I have no idea how the new ones are.

were abouts do they crack?

do you not think the adamant is too heavy though ??

ste

Because it's quite evenly distributed the extra weight is hard to notice.

Mine's a lot heavier than my old T-pro but you don't notice it when riding. (Y)

i'm thinking about getting a new frame i'm wanting either the adamant a3 or zhi zm1/2 but ive never rode either so i just want your review on them

thanks ste

The zhi rides a million times better, the adamant looks good but does'nt ride well at all unless you permantly ride rocks in which case i'd have an adamant because they feel good for rocks also weld quality on the zhi looks spot on and the proven design of the zoo python means even though it may be slightly weaker than the adamant it's still not going to snap easily on you, get a zhi. it's probs the nicest short bike i've ever ridden

Edited by Gavyn L