5.1 Surround Sound.. But Only Front Right N Left Speakers Work...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Hey people...

I need a little bit of help... obviously...

Right, well, i bought a 5.1 surround sound yesterday... this one... http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products...,CONTENTID=9067

The thing is... only my front right, left and sub work.. the front centre, rear right/left are sighlent...

Iv changed my settings on pc to 5.1 surround sound.. but it hasnt changed...

Could someone help?

Oh yeah, im also using winamp to play my music, if thats the problem?

Edited by terror-error

Go Start >Controle Panel> Sounds and audio devices> Under device volume click advanced> then click propties and if advanced controles is not ticked click it > Now under master volume there should be a button saying advanced click that and enable the line in as sub etc see if that made a diffrence.

With your motherboard/soundcard you would problie have got some sort of drivers for the sound a program like nvmixer if you have an nforce bord and you wanna run a speaker wizzard or what ever through that.

About all I can think of off the top of my head...

Go Start >Controle Panel> Sounds and audio devices> Under device volume click advanced> then click propties and if advanced controles is not ticked click it > Now under master volume there should be a button saying advanced click that and enable the line in as sub etc see if that made a diffrence.

With your motherboard/soundcard you would problie have got some sort of drivers for the sound a program like nvmixer if you have an nforce bord and you wanna run a speaker wizzard or what ever through that.

About all I can think of off the top of my head...

Advanced only come up under Centre and Rear... but when i click on them, all the options are unhighlighted, so i cant toggle the little bar type things...

My soundcard is just standard, dunno what type it is... erm.. il have a little look now...

How is it connected up? what goes from where into what?

all the speakers connect into the back of the sub, then the right front (with the little dial for turning up and down) connects to back of sub, and also back of pc.. it connects to back of sub like your monitor connects to back of pc... :Slol

Its all colour co-ordinated, and they all in right ports...

Do the same as Swize suggested to get the 'sounds and audio devices' box up.

Now under the 'Speaker settings' subtitle click the 'Advanced' button.

Use the drop down menu to select 5.1 surround sound speakers. (Y)

Do the same as Swize suggested to get the 'sounds and audio devices' box up.

Now under the 'Speaker settings' subtitle click the 'Advanced' button.

Use the drop down menu to select 5.1 surround sound speakers. (Y)

done that... didnt make a diffrence :(

I also went into multi device sound manager, to test the speakers, only the front right and left and sub worked on there... the rear n centre speakers never...

your sound card isnt good enough i have them speakers and i brought them when i had my old pc and i only had the front twn working and the sub ( and the sub was shit) so i took them back and they gave me some new ones and they still didnt work but then i upgraded my graphcs card and sound card a shit and now they work fine and the sub is much better specialy if you download the drivers for it and turn the bass right up :shifty: so yea basically new sound card for you (Y)

your sound card isnt good enough i have them speakers and i brought them when i had my old pc and i only had the front twn working and the sub ( and the sub was shit) so i took them back and they gave me some new ones and they still didnt work but then i upgraded my graphcs card and sound card a shit and now they work fine and the sub is much better specialy if you download the drivers for it and turn the bass right up :shifty: so yea basically new sound card for you (Y)

You don't read much do you?