Sponsered

Drew92

I was just wondering how you get sponsered. I am not just talking about trials here but also BMX, Dirt jumping and rollerblading. I know I am not good enough yet but I was just wondering how it happens. Do you get your local bike shop to sponser you first if you wear there shirts in competitions or something. Then how do you get big sponsers. Any information would be great. I am just quite curious and couldn't see any topics like this.

Thankyou,

Drew92

You need to be really good, and every comp you ride you need to be top 3 all the time really to get noticed at all.

If you wanna be sponsored on street alone then you need to be Neil Tunnicliffe!

Seriously, just work hard at it and if you want it bad enough then you should get there.There is a bit of luck involved too though, right place at the right time.

99% of us will never be sponsored but we all ride for the fun of it.

Andy

Sponsors also try to look for something a bit different, if you have your own style and own bag of tricks and moves then sponsors are sure to notice you.

Basically be yourself, and do you what you do everytime you ride, have fun. In the end its never guaranteed that you will ever get sponsored, just ride your best and perhaps somebody notices.

If you feel in the future that you are acheiving a lot in trials and would like a sponsor, make a video. You can post this anywhere on the internet but maybe even try making your own website (not piczo) and post all of your acheivements, pics, videos etc on it. You will then be advertising yourself so that you will be much more likely to be picked up by a sponsor. Providing you have all your details on your site, they willl find it easy to contact you and i think more likely to sponsor you. Remember though, the more work you do to advertise yourself, the less they will have to do to sponsor you, so go that extra step further! (Y)