Bottom Bracket

nickinator12

Yes they will, its not the length it is also about the cup size or shell size whichever it is 68 or 73mm.

I am pretty sure T-Pros are 68mm, always go for the longest axle you can, more upgradeability for changing frames etc, generally 127.5 on sq taper is as long as it goes and 128mm on ISIS.

I always say go for the narrowest you can fit.....less leverage so bearings last longer, they are lighter and stronger, sometimes the chainline can be thrown out by a wide bb.

But a wider bb has its advantages, a wider standing platform makes the bike a bit more stable, more chance of clearance (yolk and maggies) and as you said you can be sure your next frame will fit.

Yes they will, its not the length it is also about the cup size or shell size whichever it is 68 or 73mm.

I am pretty sure T-Pros are 68mm, always go for the longest axle you can, more upgradeability for changing frames etc, generally 127.5 on sq taper is as long as it goes and 128mm on ISIS.

so do you mean any axle length will fit just the shell size i need to check and does anyone know if this bb will fit my bike linky

Edited by nickinator12

If in doubt, go for the 127.5. There is no question about weather it'll fit or not its just down to what you prefer (read Ali's post) but, 122.5mm bb's don't always fit (hardly ever actually) with a front freewheel set-up.

;)

Edited by Quackers

If you are getting cranks, bb and freewheel then I would go for Echo cnc cranks, a tensile or eno freewheel and a long isis bb, ask the guys at tartybikes what will fit, I don't think the echo isis bb lets you use a ffw though...

Ask tartybikes, If you have a limited budget, I am running Echo 6061 cranks, A tensile ffw and an Onza square taper bb, this is a good set-up for me but you can't fit it on with the supplied spacer, I had to grind the 3-4mm high shoulder on the end of the thread on the crank off to let it fit, sounds a bit strange, but fits well and looks much better with the ffw right up against the crank rather than wth a tacky spacer in.