You Can Ignore This, Im Ok Now - If U Want

montyrider

Ok got my last parts threw today, got them all on the bike, put the back wheel in, set it up got on the bike and BAMM its spongy as fook, so i bleed it and rebleed it but no matter what its wwaayyy to spongy i cant really hop on it, im thinking of putting the lever on a 04 magura but i really dont know.

I have a tetra plate on the brake on an 07 echo rim i can feel it bite but then it just keeps on goin. I adjust it so it feels in the right place but the pads are pretty much touching the rim its just not working. any clues anyone >_<

Edited by montyrider

rb levers are really powerful and will flex even the strongest brake booster.

i wanted one untill i tried my mates out and realised that fowever you set it up it will sponge almost to the bars.

some riders like a brake that pulls in that far and ride perfectly well with it, if you like a solid feeling brake then get your old magura

back on and bleed it through with de-ironised water (battery water) will be hunky dorey!

thanks, yes i much prefer the on / off feel u got with maguras and ive had a lot of experience setting maguras up but thought as im new to RB it might of been the way i set it up. I checked the O rings and there fine no juice comin out of anywhere i will get an old magura and give it a go W00t i cant wait to ride.

does anyone know if those new maguras with the extended levers have the same flex problem or not ?????

Edited by montyrider

Put your pads in a bit more and wind the tpa up a bit. Personally i reckon its just because you don't have a good enough booster. My echo chontrol 4 bolt booster gives my RB lever a ver definitive biting point, and if anything my old magura lever was spongier.

EDIT: didnt read that the pads were already in. Buy a better booster.

Edited by Krisboats

well depending on how this magura feels i will buy and echo booster as i know there stupidly strong i have an adamant booster on atm

Well now i've put the magura on its solid as a rock completly perfect my brake is powerful and couldnt of asked for a better brake :P w00t its not even been worn in yet as ive only hopped a few times on this bike muahawhashahwhahs

btw its a adamant A1 26" mod ( horizontal drop outs) ill get some pics up on the bike forum later w00t its a big change from my zoo python

Edited by montyrider