Rear Disk Adaptor?

Louth Trials

making it is your best bet, I bought one of the forum but i had to modify it for the size rotor and the thickness of the caliper, And i have made it a lot weaker so i am going to make one and make the weak points of the one I have now stronger, I 'll take pictures and stuff if people request.

Edited by abe

King bodge...

You could get some 4-Bolt to vee adaptors (Heatsink or Zhi) and then stick on of these on there too?

That wont work without some more bodging, as that's for vertical dropouts, and i'm guessing it's a Zona Zip, so it'll have horizontal dropouts.

There's a few people on here that have made some adaptors, that go from to bottom of the braker mount, down to the dropouts.

I think it was Wally on here, did it to his Python, and someone else has done it on their GU.

Not being funny or anything, mate. But your best bet is to just leave it. The frames aren't meant for rear disc's and therefore will be very weak and most probably snap - then all your effort, whether big or small, will have gone to waste (N) .

Cheers,

Joe.

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Feb 11 2007, 11:10 AM)
Not being funny or anything, mate. But your best bet is to just leave it. The frames aren't meant for rear disc's and therefore will be very weak and most probably snap - then all your effort, whether big or small, will have gone to waste (N) .

Cheers,

Joe.

the force from the rear disk is being transferd up the adapter and through the four bolt mounts which are designed to take the forces of braking.

...but if the adaptor is attached at the dropout too, then wouldn't the force go straight to there?

Meh, i'm useless with all this sorta stuff. :turned:

i spose with the forces exerted upon riding trials,the only time i can see it exerting a force on the axle or dropout would be hopping up stuff, still should be ok though.

Edited by Broomer

it'll put stress on the axel anytime the brake is on and the bike want's to move backwards.

Those adapter's do transfer the force to the 4-bolt mounts, but the forces from the disc are in a totally differant direction to those that would come from a magura bolted to the 4-bolt mounts, so your point is pretty shit.