Zona Zip Vs. Onza T-pro

El Cristoff

Hi,

I am about to sell my onza t-pro on ebay, hopefully to have enough money to buy a zona zip. Is this a wise choice? Their made out of different material, and i don't know what one is weaker.

so, could anyone recommend the zip to me, because if it's crap, i won't bother selling.

Cheers in advance,

Chris

Hi,

I am about to sell my onza t-pro on ebay, hopefully to have enough money to buy a zona zip. Is this a wise choice? Their made out of different material, and i don't know what one is weaker.

so, could anyone recommend the zip to me, because if it's crap, i won't bother selling.

Cheers in advance,

Chris

same metal just alot better geo, very wise investment in my opinion (Y)

Hey mate, from what I have heard they are both made by onza but the Zona is stronger but heavyer,but the T-pro is a lush little starter bike so I would say its better to get, but you can get a Zona Zip Complete from supercyles for about £520 or £400 heres a link to it [topic=http://www.supercycles.co.uk/site_details.asp?ProductID=696]Zona Zip Full!!!

Hope I help!

Johny

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Cheers in advance,

Chris

Well buying mine was the best choice I ever made!

Don't buy a full build though, it comes with all T-poo parts, I would buy the frame and all my own bits, it can be done for about £600 if you get the right spec. I would get mid range bits like T-Master hubs to cut the cost.

A custom build will always ride better than a standard bike, I cracked my T-Pro and got a Zip, and it still ha all the runnish T-Pro bits on it, apart from Echo 6061 cranks, A tensile freewheel and DMR V8s. I should be ordering a Bar/Stem and headset next week for it aswell, because again, the T-Pro bits are rubbish.

Na mate, there different metals. The t-pro has U6 ali, whereas the Zip is made from 7005 heat treated. :S really confusing!

U6 is a 6000 series alloy that has undergone some kind of process in low temperatures. Basically, it's better for making frames than the 7000 series if you get that process right. I don't think Onza have, seeing how many of these frames snap. In other words you shouldn't be disappointed about having a 7005 frame.

Edited by Inur

i know exactly how you feel..i had a t-pro but wanted a zip..untill i rode one, i found that it rode really differently and not in a good way for me, it just felt really low and long so i was hunched over the bike, so i opted for a different frame (a3) it's your choice mate, hope you enjoy whatever you get (Y)