Disc Or Maggie

monty kid

Maggie.

everyone i know runs a rear maggie and they're more out of the way than a rotor which is quite easy to hit causing it too bend/ snap.

some people only run maguras on the back beacause they dont have a disc hub or disc mount on frame

If you have the money go twin disc, the myth of hitting them is rubbish, your going to brake things doing trials whatever you use so you may as well go for a brake that works. I know people that have maguras and they damage them side hoping. I have been running discs for years now and have damaged one disc (a replacment cost of £20).

Discs always work, until you get oil on them. Then the same can be said about rim brakes.

Rear disk for mod for me.

Glyn's is amazing, silent, locks like mad, bite, modulation. Its perfect.

But for stock its a maggie.

Id get a vee if i knew how to set them up properly and had the money.

Mind you, saying that Rich pearson's rear disk seemd to do him well, althugh when i went on on it, it where a bit crap:P

Maybe that was just me becuase it holds up the masive stuff he does.

So to sum

Mod-disk

stock-mag/vee

:P

Edited by alext

it depends what type of riding u do most.

if u do natural on rocks then u will most probably want a magura as there is les chance of breaking it.

but if u ride a lot of street then i suggest a disk as it is much easier to use than maggie and it doesnt stick

Since when does a Maggy stick unless you smother your rim with tar?

maggy all the way every bike with rear disc (excluding tarty adams) have been horrible. maggys seems to lock so much nicer and they squeek :rolleyes: ..have you ever considered a vee brake?

Edited by ned1

i'd run a maggie on the back, real agressive, no disc to bend when you're side hopping!!!

disc on the front makes some people ride a little bit smoother.......and you keep the paint or anodizing on your rim!!!lol!!!

good in the wet as well!