Shin Guards?

moto_psycho

I’ve been using Planet X ones for years, only £10 from chainreaction now! They wrap around and fasten tight with velcro so aren’t loose and flappy. As they go all round you get the backs of your legs protected too. Having knee protection as well would good but it reduces your flexibility a bit and they aren’t as comfortable I’ve found.

Definitely get some as you can really stuff your shins up!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=11216

Not necersarry in my opinion. Your shin looks bad but not tooo bad. They are abit hassley and just extra money that could be spent on parts :P

Football shin pads can do the job too. (obviously not if your wearing shorts - look like a gimp)

Having said that I did wear hench 661 pads for 2 days after I did this:

shinningqc6.jpg

I shinned myself bad but thought I may aswell keep riding, then did the other!

Phil

I use the 661 race knee and shin for downhill and they fit me well (I must have anorexic ankles!), but wouldn't want to use them for trials as it isn't as flexible as just shin pads. If you can't move your knees as freely then you're more likely to fall off and need the knee pads..

i have fox knee and shin pads good condition u can have if you want i used them but my shins are totally wrecked now there just bone with skin healed over so i don't feel it anymore :lol: theres probably even bits of pedal in there aswell :-

Edited by mission man