T-pro 07 Front Weight.

I have a Onza T-Pro 07 and I think the front is a bit heavier than other bikes.

How can I make the front lighter?

I was thinking about getting carbon fiber bars but somebody told me they were weaker.

I can replace bars,stem,wheels and forks.

What would benefit me the most?

and what ones do you recommend?

Help would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Charlie

I have a Onza T-Pro 07 and I think the front is a bit heavier than other bikes.

How can I make the front lighter?

I was thinking about getting carbon fiber bars but somebody told me they were weaker.

I can replace bars,stem,wheels and forks.

What would benefit me the most?

and what ones do you recommend?

Help would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Charlie

Your bike feels the same as any other bike.

Why is it an issue when your not exactly doing anything big on your bike?

Hows about shortening that front brake cable, that could take off a bit of weight. ={)

Saying stuff like that will never get you validated, i think the comment about the cable was just a joke.

Yes, you seem like an expert on getting validated.

I don't know where you heard onza carbons are weak, but its not true. The forks and front wheel will be the most weighty, i'd reccomend some echo forks, and any rim.

finally, someone who agrees with me that charlie wont be validated for his comments.

and i also agree with charlie. making the front end of your bike lighter wont help you pedal hope a lot charlie. as a matter of fact your bike having the heavy front end makes your bike balance its wieght more so you dont go fly-ing of the back of the bike.

theres no point in up grading till you need to. just like you upgraded your cranks un-necesellary

finally, someone who agrees with me that charlie wont be validated for his comments.

and i also agree with charlie. making the front end of your bike lighter wont help you pedal hope a lot charlie. as a matter of fact your bike having the heavy front end makes your bike balance its wieght more so you dont go fly-ing of the back of the bike.

theres no point in up grading till you need to. just like you upgraded your cranks un-necesellary

oh my god i wont get validated, Im actually gunna slit my wrists.

Reece you said thats why you couldn't pedal hop because the front end is heavy and by the way Barber, Reece said that carbon bars are weak. so I dont think i'll listen to him in future.:P

Edited by charlie >est<

oh my god i wont get validated, Im actually gunna slit my wrists.

Reece you said thats why you couldn't pedal hop because the front end is heavy and by the way Barber, Reece said that carbon bars are weak. so I dont think i'll listen to him in future.:P

i think you'll find i said that carbon bars are not as strong i didnt say they were weak. carbon bars wouldnt be sold if they were weak is what i said so get your facts right charlie.

and i also said it is harder to pedal hop on your bike because im used to a bike with a much lighter front end. but once used to the bike it would become easier seeing the weight distribution is more balanced.

so charlie please dont embarass yourself anymore with silly comments

and why did you write 'thats why you couldnt pedal hop' because i was dropping off ledges and hopping up ledges on your bike charlie. for your information you are the one that cant pedal hop more than once. anyway i am not getting involved in anymore of this argument as i do want to be validated and arguing doesnt help. so good bye

Edited by braintreetrials

If you want to make your front end lighter. I would look at some new forks echo lites are a good choice and a good price at £70, or if you are prepared to spend a bit more they are zoo forks £90 GU forks £105 and the echo team forks at £105 which are very good quality.

Maybe look at some new bars,such as the echo tough bar, or the GU flat bar both £30 which is a good price and are very light and good quality.

A new stem (echo zoo try all) are all good or maybe a Monty ti but they are a bit pricey, the stem will not make it a lot lighter, but it will make a massive difference to how the bike rides.

Maybe if you have a bit off money left, i would put it to a new rim, they are all mainly about the same weight its just which one you like best couler style etc.

Toby

If you want to make your front end lighter. I would look at some new forks echo lites are a good choice and a good price at £70, or if you are prepared to spend a bit more they are zoo forks £90 GU forks £105 and the echo team forks at £105 which are very good quality.

Maybe look at some new bars,such as the echo tough bar, or the GU flat bar both £30 which is a good price and are very light and good quality.

A new stem (echo zoo try all) are all good or maybe a Monty ti but they are a bit pricey, the stem will not make it a lot lighter, but it will make a massive difference to how the bike rides.

Maybe if you have a bit off money left, i would put it to a new rim, they are all mainly about the same weight its just which one you like best couler style etc.

Toby

Thanks i'll keep that on mind :D

Practice hard and eat your weetabix in the morning. ;)

Yeah lol!

I don't know where you heard onza carbons are weak, but its not true. The forks and front wheel will be the most weighty, i'd reccomend some echo forks, and any rim.

Though quite a few pairs have been snapped. *awaits the usual crap like 'oh any bars will snap if you are a heavy rider or use them for a long period of time'* Although they will,mostly.

Now this is the thing to consider Charlie, you are on a T-Pro that is a longish bike, compared to a Saracen 2.Zero that Reece learnt on.

Its not the front end thats heavy, its the geometry of the bike, and your not exactly going to change that.

A 2.Zero is an incredibly short frame, Its mega easy to get on the back wheel.

But with a T-Pro its much longer and you are positioned over the front.

Try his bike next time and see.

EDIT: As for Onza Carbon bars, I'd imagine that normal metal bars could have a tendancy to bend, but with carbons I'd imagine it wouldn't bend, therefore leading to the same snapping over time.

Edited by thutley

charlie,

the t comp im buying has all the same stuff thats on yours except it has a drilled rim. if you buy a drilled rim (a light one) it will therefore be lighter. it also doesnt help that your pedal arms are so short. it takes a bit of getting used to for those pedal arms, but youve been riding since christmas so theres no excuse there. all you have to do is try and learn charlie. at the moment when i tell you to lower your body towards the back wheel after one pedal hop just too keep your balance you dont seem to do it even though you say you try. maybe your back is made of metal and it doesnt bend :lol: just try and lower your body down towards back wheel and you will be able to do another one. unless you do a big hop then the momentum is already there to allow you to do your next hop.

charlie,

the t comp im buying has all the same stuff thats on yours except it has a drilled rim. if you buy a drilled rim (a light one) it will therefore be lighter. it also doesnt help that your pedal arms are so short. it takes a bit of getting used to for those pedal arms, but youve been riding since christmas so theres no excuse there. all you have to do is try and learn charlie. at the moment when i tell you to lower your body towards the back wheel after one pedal hop just too keep your balance you dont seem to do it even though you say you try. maybe your back is made of metal and it doesnt bend :lol: just try and lower your body down towards back wheel and you will be able to do another one. unless you do a big hop then the momentum is already there to allow you to do your next hop.

Ok, I didnt ask for a lesson.

Now this is the thing to consider Charlie, you are on a T-Pro that is a longish bike, compared to a Saracen 2.Zero that Reece learnt on.

Its not the front end thats heavy, its the geometry of the bike, and your not exactly going to change that.

A 2.Zero is an incredibly short frame, Its mega easy to get on the back wheel.

But with a T-Pro its much longer and you are positioned over the front.

Try his bike next time and see.

EDIT: As for Onza Carbon bars, I'd imagine that normal metal bars could have a tendancy to bend, but with carbons I'd imagine it wouldn't bend, therefore leading to the same snapping over time.

Told you, every time I post I get these to telling me im wrong about something EFF-OFF! (its not swearing)

As i said in another topic, EST is bulls**t.

you are on a T-Pro that is a longish bike

Tom a T-pro really isn't a long bike, some lighter forks would make a big difference to the front end, you will realize once you take them off and feel the weight of the T-pro ones :P. But Charlie i don't think it necessary to make upgrades when you haven't learnt the basics yet.

do what i am going to do and invest in a whole new front end. i am getting new forks, stem, bars, wheel and a hope. this because my friend has just done it to his echo and it feels so nice on the back wheel.

Jack