Monty Pr, Will I Need A Booster?

GuyJames

Yes I could wait and find out for myself but I want to put all my bits on when I get the frame and it be perfect so I ask...will I need a booster on a new Monty 221PR? My friend runs an RB booster and his brake is solid but I just want others peoples comments.

Oh and are there are boosters I shouldn't get due to not fitting properly, all information is appreciated greatly.

Cheers, Guy

I always say... a brake feels and works better with a booster, regardless if it has an intergrated booster or not... unless you like the spongy/flex feel, then in that case there is no need for a booster... But I like a nice solid firm brake to reasure me it WILL lock :P

because a hs33 brake is hydralic pistons which put out alot of pressure on 4 little bolts, and you still get flex between the bolts and mountings even if the frame is solid.

Edited by craigdavies

he means that the calipers and 4-bolt mounts will bend outwards when braking but with a really stiff frame that doesn't happen

my adamant has a rock solid brake without any additional booster

the monty will be fine, just ride it and if you feel the brake is too spongy just get a booster.