Forks/ Headset Gap

Sucram

Hi I'm putting my Adamant A3 together and there is a gap between the top of my forks and the bottom section of my headset, Ive tried pushing the forks up more but they won't. If someone knows what i need or what i can do it wold be very appreciated.

i dont understand what you mean?

do you mean there is a gap between the very bottom of the headset and the part which sits in the headset.?

if it is then you should have a bit of the headset thats similar size to headset spacer but with slightly angled inner bit (it is the very last part you put in at the bottom) this needs tapping down onto the forks with a block of wood and a hammer and it should hammer all the way till it touches the fork crown ?

hope this helps

I think he means that the bottom cup of his headset wont go far enough down his steerer tube, perhaps because he isn't giving it enough man beef. Thats the usual problem involving fitting headsets anyway.

If it is the problem then I'd suggest getting the cup as far down as possible and then putting it all together, tightening the top cap tight, not so tight that you cant steer and just go for a ride. It will eventually with your weight and the pressure of the top cap pull the headset together and push the bottom cup into place on the steerer tube.

Ofcourse I've probally mis-interpreted your problem because it was pretty vague. But anyway.