Need Your Help A.s.a.p

mrturner08

hello people, popped my back brake two day and i can not get this 'Magura Barbed Fitting' in the end of the 'Magura Hose.' :@ :(

I've try-ed everything i know.

I try-ed heating the hose and squeezing the 'Magura Barbed Fitting' into it it's just not going to happen.

I try-ed heating the 'Magura Barbed Fitting' and squeezing it in the hose same again not going to happen.

I know you can buy the hose and the 'Magura Barbed Fitting' together but, it needs doing today.

COME ON PEOPLE how is it done???

pAuL!!

large_barb.jpg

Never ever heat any part of it up!

These are the words of wisdom from the Tarty boys.......

You'll need a vice, pair of maggie pads (preferably koxx blues or brown), a knife and a nylon mallet.

Pinch the maggie hosing in between the two pads in the vice. You're gonna need them done up tight to stop it moving but the pads will not damage anything.

Run the knife around the inside of the hosing to chamfer the edges. This helps the barb fit in easier.

Use some mineral oil to lube the barb and the hosing and then tap the barb in with the mallet.

You must make sure it goes in straight or you'll damage the hosing.

Rob

Never ever heat any part of it up!

These are the words of wisdom from the Tarty boys.......

You'll need a vice, pair of maggie pads (preferably koxx blues or brown), a knife and a nylon mallet.

Pinch the maggie hosing in between the two pads in the vice. You're gonna need them done up tight to stop it moving but the pads will not damage anything.

Run the knife around the inside of the hosing to chamfer the edges. This helps the barb fit in easier.

Use some mineral oil to lube the barb and the hosing and then tap the barb in with the mallet.

You must make sure it goes in straight or you'll damage the hosing.

Rob

OK. thanks for your help pal, i have it sorted now I've found some hosing with the barb in. yay!! :D(Y)

pAuL!!

( THIS TOPIC CAN STAY OPEN AND OTHER PEOPLE CAN TELL US THERE ADVICE TO PEOPLE WHO MAY HAVE THIS PROBLEM )
Edited by mrturner08