Getting Back Into It

thorpy

Right I left the trials scene a few years ago now to concentrate on DH. Ive been doing abit more overtime latly and want to build up my 2003 Echo Urban (probably considered oldskool by now). All i need to get it running is BB, Cranks, Front disc brake and a rear wheel and tyre. Due to me loosing touch with the trials community can you fella's be kind enough to reccomend the components i desire and mabey a decent shop to get them from. Budget is around £300. im not wanting a CK (i wish i had kept mine though) as im not getting serious just a mess-about bike.

Cheers, and thanks in advance!!!

Right I left the trials scene a few years ago now to concentrate on DH. Ive been doing abit more overtime latly and want to build up my 2003 Echo Urban (probably considered oldskool by now). All i need to get it running is BB, Cranks, Front disc brake and a rear wheel and tyre. Due to me loosing touch with the trials community can you fella's be kind enough to reccomend the components i desire and mabey a decent shop to get them from. Budget is around £300. im not wanting a CK (i wish i had kept mine though) as im not getting serious just a mess-about bike.

Cheers, and thanks in advance!!!

Bottom Bracket. Id go for a SKF - 300 (£43.00). I have one and had no trouble. There not too pricey. Bit cheaper than that Truvativ Gigapipe DH. (£35)

Cranks Middle burns. They might me a tad expensive, but they are worth it. Life time warrenty and that (£155)

Front disk. Avid with out a doubt. Easy to fit, cheap, piece opf piss to maintain. All you'll need is a cable and a lever (£63.00) Plus lever £11 for a Avid SD7 Lever

Rear wheel. Just for messin about. Hope XC/Mono, or an Onza Ronnie rim, with spokes. Qoute from tarty is £103. posted But if you want a better hub Hope ProII £130 for the hub, but there really good hubs. £155 posted with Ronnie rims and Sapim Race spokes

Cheapest = £367

Most Expensive = £427

You could get away with cheaper cranks, for example Tensiles. or echo. Rim you could get a Alex rim, there only £20, But have a look at www.tartybikes.co.uk, all them prices above are off there.

Hope I helped!

Awesome cheers dude! ill have a look into it. I had Middleburns on before and they were rather uber (and that was the square tpr one). ill probably go for a pro 2, i cant go from 72 engagments to 24!!

could always get a revolver and a freewheel!! be cheaper than the pro 2, altho it will limit your gear ratio

There a fair few to choose from!! www.Tartybikes.co.uk seems to have the biggest selection of everything

Edited by SomeoneNew