Slow Piston

JohnBanks

Probably the best thing to do (I did) is follow this guide... It really does work http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....+magura+pistons . Then give it another bath bleed afterwards; just remember to pump the lever for at least a hundred times. You know when it’s ready though I guess. Also when you put the brake back on the bike try and position the pads perfect. There are a couple of ways of doing this:

1) Put a coin in between the pad and the rim (a small coin obviously) and tighten up the bolts whilst pushing the cylinder against the coin.

2) Push the pads as far in as you can so they are touching the rim, making sure they are flat on the rim ever so slightly pull the brake lever so they pull out about 2mm (then they will be perfectly level on the rim)

3) Just set them up how you like them...

About a year ago I made a contraption to help me with magura bleeds, its basically three plates of steel welded together in a 'U' shape with a magura brake booster welded to the top. I then drilled threads into the sides so it’s like the part of your frame where your magura goes. You then clamp this into a vice and pop a rim in the middle (I made sure all the measurements where the same as my frame). Then you fit your freshly bled magura and test it before you go through the hassle of setting it up on the bike.

Probably the best thing to do (I did) is follow this guide... It really does work http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....+magura+pistons . Then give it another bath bleed afterwards; just remember to pump the lever for at least a hundred times. You know when it’s ready though I guess. Also when you put the brake back on the bike try and position the pads perfect. There are a couple of ways of doing this:

1) Put a coin in between the pad and the rim (a small coin obviously) and tighten up the bolts whilst pushing the cylinder against the coin.

2) Push the pads as far in as you can so they are touching the rim, making sure they are flat on the rim ever so slightly pull the brake lever so they pull out about 2mm (then they will be perfectly level on the rim)

3) Just set them up how you like them...

About a year ago I made a contraption to help me with magura bleeds, its basically three plates of steel welded together in a 'U' shape with a magura brake booster welded to the top. I then drilled threads into the sides so it’s like the part of your frame where your magura goes. You then clamp this into a vice and pop a rim in the middle (I made sure all the measurements where the same as my frame). Then you fit your freshly bled magura and test it before you go through the hassle of setting it up on the bike.

why isn't he validated (Y)