Hope Mono Mini.

20inch_power

You'd have to get a massive rotor to make it anywhere near a decent trials brake.

What i'd do is buy a Hope Mono Trials Caliper and attach it to your existing lever and hose, if you really want a disk.

i were thinking about that, bt i cant find one, and there is none on Ebay, soo, u know any where 2 get them form??

cheers anyways...Shaun...(Y)

A mono mini will never be as good as a mono trial obviously, and although hope brakes are damn good usually, the mono mini is a brakes destined for XC use, therefore has better modulation capacities than anything else. You can pick up a monotrial at tartybikes (they only do the '07 ones) if you're feeling rich or you can get one on Ebay, chainreactioncycles, etc juste have a look around. Alternativeley if they're out of your price range you can go for an avid BB7, they're supposed to be damn good for a mechanical brake.

i used to have a hope mono mini on the rear of my monty, i personally wouldn't recomend it, first trick i did it slipped and i ended up on my arse :-

Then i changed to the hope trial one, which was fine, held really well.

Chris

iv got one on the back of my monty, but it seems to be working very well today ofter a good days riding...so i dont know what to do now, slash out on a new one or keep mine :Slol

...Shaun...(Y)

iv got one on the back of my monty, but it seems to be working very well today ofter a good days riding...so i dont know what to do now, slash out on a new one or keep mine :Slol

...Shaun...(Y)

if it aint broke don't change it. but mono trials are such a much better designed

...Shaun...(Y)

yeah if its working alright for you then you might as well keep it mate. But i know when i changed to the mono trials one, i felt a lot more confident riding when using it.

Some people find the mono mini good, but i just didn't really bond with it lol

Chris

Edited by Chris Walls

Ive been riding a mono trial on the front and rear with a 200mm rotor, it is far too powerful sometimes and slipps other times, will also put strain on the spokes so will constantly be coming undone. Just bought echo rim break so should be running that soon.