Cranks

my mate was telling me about these shimano saint downhill cranks,

the have something called hallow tech which means the bottom bracket isnt as a normal one looks like

apparently all the top downhill riders have been using them for about 4 years and non have broken,

snaped or even gone baggy.

Their not too heavy either im wondering if their worth trying out for trials?

has anyone tryed yet?

Cheeky bugger trying to get validated with my idea lol . But yeah Ive got some and I think they are great they are one of the top choices for the top free riders and downhill racers. They have a really good interface seeing as the have a large over sized axle 22mm and its hollow so there light they also have replaceable pedal threads and i haven't heard of any going baggy but because of there design the interface which would bet baggy can be replaced for a couple of quid. From my experience with these cranks the only downfall of the is that with them having an oversized 22mm axle the bb bearings are really small this means that the bb's don't last all that long. These wold have to be modified to be used with a single small ring too. Well thats my two pennies.

saint_crankset-745167.gif

Edited by Denholme Trials Crew